Happy New Year! - 1/3/17

It's a new year!  Good riddance to 2016.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.  As much as I was happy to have a break and spend so much time with the two adorable men in my life, I'm happy to finally get back into routine and back to work.

I've got big plans for 2017.  I've scheduled out five books to write this year.  At most I've ever only managed to write two in one year, but I also would do editing.  I plan on just ripping one rough draft out after another.  I don't know if this is the best method for working, but I'm at least interested in trying it out and seeing how it goes.

The first two books are based off a visual novel I started a couple years ago.  It ended up being overly ambitious and I can to terms with the fact that I need to start smaller if I have any hope of finishing a visual novel.  However, I wrote a lot of the story for it and I don't want to have it just sit there collecting dust.  So the first book is actually mostly written I guess.  The second I just have ideas for based on plans I'd made for the remainder of the visual novel.

So the visual novel was an otome game.  For the uninitiated that's a dating sim for women.  It tends to have several men for you to choose from and your decisions affect your relationship.  I had finished one storyline and that's what the first book will be based on.  Also in the game I had a best friend character that you assisted in her romantic pursuits towards one of the men you didn't choose.  The second book will be told from her perspective and based off another character storyline that I was particularly passionate about.  The remaining men's storylines I wasn't that attached to so I don't mind throwing them away.

Anyway, I think the fact I've already completely written (and even edited) this first storyline will either make this next book really easy to write or really hard.  It was written to be interactive so I don't know how removing that element will affect the story.  It should be interesting...

I'm organizing my thoughts and outlining today.  I might post the first chapter tomorrow but I think it's far more likely I'll have something up on Thursday instead.

Well, I hope you, dear reader, have a wonderful and productive New Year!