Introducing 'Falling for a Memory' - 7/8/19

I'm back from vacation and, as expected, my three year old made vacation seem like more work than it should be :P  I did manage to get some quiet time and worked on Falling for a Memory.  I successfully outlined the first act which is very exciting and I started to weed my way through my original work on this book.

So the writing I had done almost exactly a decade ago on this was all of three chapters.  The first one I'm breaking up into two chapters on here because it was a bit lengthy by Wattpad standards, but I think the others will be about the right size.  Then I'll be writing it from scratch.

Upon reviewing the old work, however, I realized that Bailey's voice was very informal, like she was addressing John directly.  I tried to decide how I wanted to handle this since my editor hates it when I use 'you' outside of dialogue tags.  However, I found myself attached to Bailey's tone, so I've decided to make this novel a collection of letters that Bailey has written to John.  From what I understand, writing a letter to a deceased loved one is a common practice for dealing with grief, so it doesn't seem too far fetched to me that Bailey would do this to cope, especially since she didn't have the time when he was alive to say all the things she wanted to say.

That being said, I'm a little concerned about being able to maintain that dynamic without slipping into standard narration.  This is a rough draft though, so I'm going to give it a shot and if it doesn't work out then I'll fix it in editing.  Though, it would be really nice if it just ends up fitting the story though...

Anyway, please give it a read if this seems like your cup of tea!  This will be a pretty personal story for me, reflecting my own struggles with grief I think.  However, it will also be a romance.  Hopefully those two elements will coexist side by side throughout the book, but one may overtake the other.  I don't know if that's a bad thing, but we'll see how it goes!