Drafting Marathon Complete - 12/26/17

I don't know how I pulled it off, but here I am at the end of 2017 with six rough drafts sitting before me.

Back in my previous life (which was all of maybe five years ago) I was lucky to get a rough draft out in six months.  Now I'm doing them in only two.  It's really just mind boggling to me.  But of course, any writer I've ever met will tell you that the best things to write are the things you, the author, want to read.  Of course I knew this, the problem was realizing what exactly it was that I wanted to read myself.  I ended up discovering that what I thought I wanted was really what everyone else wanted for me.

So here I am, still dazed and confused about having finished the drafts and having one of them featured on Wattpad when I didn't even know I could be featured.  The wave of new readers, votes and comments has been quite a blessing right before Christmas and I'm really just so grateful for everyone who has stopped by to check me out for my Christmas reads.  I'm even more thankful for those of you that stuck around and gave some of my other books a look as well.

Sadly, though, everyone has joined me right at the end of a writing year.  The way I have things planned out, I spend one year writing and then one year editing.  So 2018 will be a quiet year for me on Wattpad.  I'll be posting here on this "blog" throughout the year, but I won't be releasing any stories again until 2019.  I had thought about trying to keep a presence on here by doing a weekly story post, but I've got to keep a tight schedule if I want to edit all six books, as well as finish my visual novel.  However, if I do finish my visual novel I may be posting some of the work from that on here, so who knows, maybe there will be a new story in 2018 after all.

Anyway, that's where I'm at.  Thanks again for all of you that joined me at one point or another throughout the year.  I hope I'll see you around next year, but if not, maybe our paths will cross again in 2019.  I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season celebrating whatever it is that brings you joy and may 2018 bring you happiness and healing!