New Year, New Decade - 12/31/19

Hello all and Happy New Year! Where I'm at, we're still several hours from the arrival of 2020, but I know a portion of the world has already moved on to a new decade.

At the end of the last decade, I was fresh out of college, recently moved in with my boyfriend, and employed at a retail store since the economy tanked and I had no clue what I wanted to do with my life. Things have certainly changed. I've published 10 books, found a job I adore, married that boyfriend from 2009, had a baby, and moved into two different houses. And that's just scratching the surface of all that's happened!

I doubt 2009 me would have known what was to come. I certainly predicted I'd eventually marry my then boyfriend and I expected we'd have at least one child together, but I hadn't gotten anywhere close to finishing a novel then and I would have been horrified to learn I'd put myself through two house purchases... My point is, a lot can change and we can't predict it. So I hope you look forward to a decade of possibilities and allow life to carry you through the many twists and turns ahead. I admit I spent a good portion of the last decade not enjoying the ride. I hope this go around I embrace the journey and not just the end.

Happy New Year to you and yours! I'll see you in 2020 with a new chapter of Reverse Christmas ;)