'Love in his Lie' Major Edit Complete - 6/13/18

I swear I got double 5s in AP Calculus in high school (which was omg almost 15 years ago...) but every time I try to determine how many chapters I need to read to make it to my deadlines, I overestimate.  Somehow I think I'll just barely make it, but I in fact end up days ahead of schedule.  Like how hard is it to divide 13 by 10?

Anyway, I finished the edit on Monday even though my deadline was Friday.  So I used the extra time to finish up the short for this book.  It's called "Trust Exercises" and it's definitely one of my shorter short stories.  However, after reviewing it, it just doesn't feel like more words are necessary.  At the end of the day, the story makes the decisions and not me so if this is how long the story wants to be then that's how long it will be.

I did have one fun realization while writing the story though.  I think I may actually want to do a sequel for this book.  I realized this story may be the perfect base for a story I've been wanting to write for a long time now.  I actually intended to write it last year, in fact I mention it in this post wattpad.com/406386170-just-a-blog-halfway-there-5-1-17 and this one wattpad.com/409893056-just-a-blog-disconnected-5-9-17  As I mentioned in the second post, I was starting to fear this story, due to it's non traditional structure, may never happen.  However, I think with established characters and dynamics, I might be able to more easily pull it off.  So we'll see.  There may still be a sequel in store for "Love in his Lie."

With the major edit done and the short story done, I think I'll take a break for the remainder of the week.  Give my brain a bit of breathing room.  Next week I'll do the final edit.  After that my deadlines get a little wonky because I'll be going on vacation for a week, but it's pretty exhilarating to know I'm almost done with all these major edits!