Love and Lies is Beaten and Bloody but Alive - 2/20/18

It's been a rough few weeks.  My son's school was abruptly shut down so we had to scramble to find him a new preschool.  With some snow days and sick days thrown in there, my ability to work took a rather severe hit.  Of course, I'm working on editing "The Business of Love and Lies" which easily needs the most work out of all the books I wrote last year, so that's been fun...

However, today I finished my first edit.  It was a rough one.  I did a lot of trimming the fat.  I think it's miles better than what it was, but it's still in dire need of work.  But, I've got two more edits to go through so I think I can manage, though, I may look a bit ragged by the end of it.

Before I start my next edit, I plan to write a quick epilogue, since this story didn't actually have one (I think "Crown of the Dragon" might not have one too).  I'm also going to try to pull out a rough short story to go with the kindle release.  Considering how much editing this book is getting and how it's getting an epilogue which isn't here on Wattpad, there's probably less need to include a short story to distinguish the kindle edition from the Wattpad one.  However, I'm a bit obsessive compulsive about these sort of things and I would be driven mad if I knew one of my stories didn't have a short attached to it when the others did.

So lots of work ahead, but at least the first big cut is done...

On a completely and utterly separate note, who's been watching the Olympics??  I've been mostly watching the figure skating competitions and I just need to vent for a moment.  I realize the Canadians have been dealing with this for years and years, and so I can't grasp the level of pain they must feel, but as a romance writer, the relationship between Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir hurts my soul.  How can you look at each other like that and not be in love????  How can a man plant so many affectionate kisses on his partner, but because he doesn't kiss her lips, their love is not real???  How can two people hold each other so lovingly and simply be friends???  If I could bottle up what they had and somehow found the words to put it onto paper then I'd be done as a writer.  I would have reached the peak of intense passion and nothing would be left to do.

My heart is dying with this platonic nonsense...  Why do they hate the world so much that they would tease us with this passion that is somehow not romantic love???

Sorry, I needed to vent...  Personally, I think they do love each other as more than just friends, but understandably, didn't want a relationship to get in the way of their careers.  Also, let's not kid ourselves, if they are denying themselves to each other, that's going to really make it easy to exude tension on the ice.  So, might have been a smart career move anyway.

But, they are likely retiring so why not go for it now and have lots of beautiful figure skating babies!

Sorry, I'm done theorizing about real people's love lives.  Which is creepy...but dammit, what's wrong with wanting to see true love flourish!!