Joining the Blue Bird - 6/6/18

Hey guys, look what I did!  I has a twitter: twitter.com/sylviaNgould :D

I've known for awhile I need to make some sort of mainstream social media account, but I am only willing to do one and only one.  I tried to juggle several during my first go at being an indie author and it was torture.  Like there's a reason people hire someone to specifically handle social media all day.  You can't market and do writing at the same time.  It's just too much.

So I debated over several sites, but I eventually landed on Twitter.  The account I gave the most love to with my first pen name was a Facebook page and I really just wasn't feeling it.  It just didn't seem like what I wanted or needed.  I thought about something like Instagram or Snapchat, but they're so visuals heavy, I mean I'm a writer, what am I supposed to be posting?  So I landed on Twitter.  I have tried Twitter so many times and I just can't grasp the hashtags and limited characters, but I don't know, it feels like the best fit, plus my husband is always on it so I figure he can tell me if I'm doing something wrong...

Anyway, if you're on Twitter hit me up!  Also if you follow me and your twitter persona doesn't make it obvious that it's you, you should comment or message me on here or something so I know to follow you back.  I made the mistake of following every person that followed me last time I made an author page on Twitter...  That was a terrible idea.  I'm only following people I'm actually interested in hearing from this time.