Another Draft Done, 4 More to Go - 3/8/18

It was a brutal sprint to make it to my deadline, but I finally finished my edits for "The Business of Love and Lies."  Sadly, what I didn't manage to do was come up with a new title...  Groan.

I also completed the book's extended epilogue, a short story called "Rules for Survival."  It follows Lex and Alec about six months after the end of the book, and takes place at Alec's cabin.

I've sent both of these off to my beta readers who are hopefully keeping up with me and making some progress on "Finding Mrs. Claus."  I try not to bug them so I have no idea how things are going with that, but hopefully I'll have something before summer ends.

Now that that's done, I can collapse and enjoy the fact I've gotten the most painful edit out of the way.  I mean, I still think I've got some rough edits ahead with a couple of the other books, but not nearly as bad as this one.  I mean, this thing got stripped bare in several chapters and had whole passages added or reworked.  It still has the core elements of the original, but plenty has changed from the draft that's on here.

The next book for me to tackle is "Delilah Cross and the Stolen Bride."  I actually like this title, which is unusual for me.  However, the problem is it sounds a bit too YA for me and the book is not YA.  So I might have to change it, unfortunately.  Anyway, this book is one that I really like because I've had the world of Whisper Valley in my head for years and I've had several false starts with trying to create a story within it.  So, I'm excited about getting back into this book.  Hopefully, it will be a less stressful edit than this last one.