Chapter 2

Just like that another month went by, then another. Mia was beyond excited because she was packing for Los Angeles for her first visit with Bruno. It had been exactly three months a five days since the last time she'd seen him. Words could not even describe just how excited she was. She placed the last few items in her suitcase and zipped it up feeling accomplished. Her flight was to leave the following day at noon. She pulled her suitcase towards her room door and then went out to the kitchen to make her uncle some lunch for work.

Eli had been absolutely amazing with her as of late. They had gotten closer than she could have ever imagined and she owed it all to Bruno. She heard his footsteps in the hallway as she zipped up his lunch bag.

"Hey sweetie!" Eli greeted her as she walked into the kitchen.

"Hey uncle Eli!" she returned and gave him a hug.

"All packed and ready to go?" he asked her.

Mia smiled a big smile. "Yes! Super ready to go!" she couldn't contain her excitement.

Eli laughed. "I see that."

Mia grabbed his lunch bag off the counter and handed it to him. "Here's your lunch. I put some soup in there too since you haven't been feeling so well. I still think you should stay home from work."

Eli took the bag out of her hand. "Thank you Mia, you worry about me too much. I'm fine." he said and hugged her. "I'll see you in the morning alright?"

Mia nodded her head. "Okay. Have a good day at work.... or night. Whatever."

Eli laughed again. "Thanks Mia. You stay out of trouble while I'm gone" he said as he walked towards the door.

"Always!" Mia said.

************************

Bruno looked at his watch. He was trying to go to sleep but the excitement of Mia being in Los Angeles with him tomorrow wouldn't let him. He wondered what she was doing. It was a little late there but Hawaii was a few hours behind so he was sure Mia was still up. He looked at his watch again. It was just after 11PM California time so it was just after 8PM in Hawaii. Eli would have left to work already so Mia would be home alone. Probably watching tv, or listening to music, or drawing. His mind wandered to the many different things she could be doing and he fell asleep thinking about her.