Chapter 27

Mia and Bruno pulled up to Jaime's. The talk with Gabriel had gone on longer than expected and there was no way Mia would make her flight. So she agreed to meet Gabriel and they would fly to Hawaii on his private jet. Turns out he came from a very wealthy family. "Mia, can I be honest with you for a second?" Bruno asked before they got out of the car.

"Of course baby. What is it?" Mia asked.

Bruno took her hand in his. "I know that this is big and very important to you. I know that even though you haven't exactly showed excitement about it, you are indeed excited about it but you want to wait for the confirmation of the DNA test. But I gotta tell you, I'm a little nervous about you hoping on a private jet with him. We did just meet him today baby."

Mia nodded her head. "You're right. Come with me?..... You don't have to work until the day after tomorrow. You can come back with him right after we take the test. You can make sure I'm safe and you'll get to surprise your mom. It's a win, win."

Bruno smiled. "You're right. Do you think he'd be okay with that?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "It's not like he doesn't have room for one more person on his private jet."

The excitement that lit up Bruno's face was cute. "You're right again. I do miss my mom and I'll get to spend one more night with you. I hadn't planned on going back to Hawaii until I had something to show but I can't let my baby go alone. I'm in!"

They walked inside and told Jaime everything that was going on. She agreed that it was best if Bruno go with Mia and also agreed that Bernie would be thrilled to see him. So Mia helped Bruno pack up a few things and Jaime and Marley took them to meet Gabriel.

When they arrived Mia was about to tell Gabriel about Bruno coming along but she didn't have to, for Jaime had her overprotective sister fully activated. She walked up to Gabriel before Mia could introduce them and introduced herself. "I'm Jaime, Bruno's big sister. I understand that you may be Mia's father. However, the fact of the matter is she doesn't know you, we don't know you. So I think it's best if Bruno goes with you two to Hawaii and if you could kindly bring him back when you return I would greatly appreciate it."

Gabriel let out a chuckle. "Not a problem. I will make sure they are both safe." He looked over to Mia and Bruno. "I like her. She means business."

Mia and Bruno both laughed. Even Jaime gave him a smile. "I'm sorry. I'm just....that's my baby brother and Mia is like a sister to me. I want to make sure they're safe. This is my son Marley. I'm a mom so my overprotective gene is always active."

Gabriel nodded his head. "I understand and I respect that. No need to explain."

Bruno and Mia both hugged Jaime and Marley. Mia picked Marley up and kissed his cheek. "I promise I'll be back to visit soon. Be good for mommy."

Marley squeezed her tight and promised he would. Then they went with Gabriel to board the jet. It was huge. From the looks of it, when Gabriel had used the words "very wealthy" he wasn't over exaggerating. Mia had never seen anything like it. Heck, her flight to Los Ángeles had been her first time ever on a plane. This plane was so luxurious.

The flight to Hawaii was quiet. Gabriel let Mia have her space and she let him have his. They were both trying to take in the idea that they might be father, daughter. Mia was thankful that Bruno had come along. The flight may have been more awkward than it was now had he stayed behind.

When they landed in Hawaii Gabriel already had a car waiting for them. Their first stop would be to go talk to her uncle. Mia didn't want to leave him in the dark about anything but she was also very nervous. She didn't know how he was going to take it.