Chaper 43

Mia walked into Gabriel's office at his firm. She was supposed to have lunch with him since they hadn't seen much of each other with her going to school, working and spending time with Bruno. "Hey there's my princess!" Gabriel said to her as she stepped inside.

"Hey dad." Mia greeted him and went in for a hug.

"I don't like not seeing you. You should quit your job princess. You don't need it. You know I could have everything covered while you go to school." He gave her a pleading look. They'd had this conversation more than once and she never budged.

"Dad you know I can't do that. I don't want you to pay for everything for me. You already gave me that brand new Mercedes for Christmas. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love it but it was an unnecessary expense." Mia said to him giving him a firm look.

"Princess you needed a car."

Mia nodded. "Maybe, but not a brand new Mercedes dad."

Gabriel hugged her. "I just want the best for my baby. Tell you what, as long as your grades look good I won't pester you about quitting your job. But if your grades start to slip you have to quit. Do we have a deal?"

Mia smiled up at him. "Okay dad. That's fair enough."

Gabriel smiled. "That's my girl. Oh I invited someone to have lunch with us. He's also a law student. He actually goes to your school as well. His dad is a long time friend of mine and I think it would be good for you two to meet. Maybe he can help you out along the way. He's graduating this year and he will be working for me when he does. He's been doing some internships here for me already, he's a really good kid. I think you'll like him."

Mia gave him a pouty look. "Really dad? You're going to give me a baby sitter for law school?"

Gabriel couldn't help chuckle. "Princess I'm not giving you a baby sitter. I just want you two to meet. What's the harm in knowing someone who's taken the same classes you're taking?"

Mia crossed her arms. "I thought that's where you came in. You took these classes too." She poked her lip out further.

Another chuckle escaped Gabriel's mouth. "Yes Princess but that was so long ago. He's going to be fresh out of college and most likely had the same professors you will have." He chucked again and shook his head. "You pout just like your mother do you know that? You look so much like her. It's pretty incredible."

Her pout left her face and she gave him a warm smile. "I do?"

Gabriel nodded. "You do. Sometimes it's like I'm looking right at her again." He smiled and hugged her again. "Your have such a beautiful soul just like she did too. It's no wonder you have Bruno wrapped around your fingers." He grinned.

"I do not dad!" She protested.

"Oh but you do Mia. I see the way he looks at you. The way he talks to you. The way he holds your hand. How he gazes at you from across the room when you're not looking at him. The way he closes his eyes when he hugs you like it's surreal that your by his side. He's so gentle, so loving. He's absolutely crazy about you. He would do anything for you my sweet princess. That's how I was with your mother. Be mindful of that though princess. Make sure you both want the same things because loving someone the way it's clear to me that Bruno loves you could make someone go a little insane."

Mia looked up at him and nodded. "You don't need to worry about that Dad. Bruno and I have been on the same page for a long time. I love him just as much. We want the same things. Speaking of, we finally found an apartment and we will be moving in next week. I hope you're not still upset about us wanting to live together even though we aren't married yet."

Gabriel looked at her and shook his head. "Princess, I wasn't upset that you were moving in with him before marrying him. He's your fiancé and you've put the wedding off for a second time for very unselfish reasons. I'm not here to tell you what to do. I just.... I hardly get to see you as it is. You moving out, well, I will really rarely get to see you now for sure. I'm not upset though. I will support you in everything you do. I'm making up for lost time, I don't want to spend any of it fighting Mia."

Mia hugged him. "Thanks Dad. I promise we will make time. We can pick a day to have dinner at your place every week it that makes you feel better."

He squeezed her gently. "I would love that." His phone rang and he walked around and hit the speaker button. "Yes Janet?" He asked his secretary.

"Sir, Mr, Sandoval is here. Should I send him in or ask him to wait? I know your with your daughter."

Gabriel looked over at Mia and smiled. "Yes, send him in. Thank you Janet!" Gabriel walked towards his door as it opened up and gave the young man that walked in and gave him a hug. "Thank you for coming in here today." Mia looked at the man with her father but she didn't say anything. They looked in her direction and she locked eyes with him. A smile spread across his face. "Jonah this is my daughter Mia. Mia, this is Jonah. He's the young man I was telling you about."

Jonah raised an eyebrow at Gabriel in surprise. "This is your daughter? Wow! What are the odds?"

Mia tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Hello Jonah. Good to see you again."

Gabriel looked at them confused. "You two know each other?"

Mia nodded. "We actually met on my first flight to Los Angeles. He sat by me on the plane. Then I saw him again on my first week of law school when I was getting my books. I wouldn't really say we know each other though Dad."

Jonah grinned at her dismissal of really knowing him. Gabriel looked at Jonah. "When you were coming back from the account I asked you to look into in Hawaii?"

Jonah nodded his head. "Yes sir."

Gabriel looked at them both wide eyed again. "Wow! So you met my daughter before I did? That's something."

Jonah nodded his head again. "It sure is. What a small world." He looked over at Mia. "I guess since we've already met I'll just get to it. I'm here to help if you ever have any questions. I'm always around here. "He pulled a card or of his pocket and handed it to her. " Or you can call me. My cell phone number is on there."

Mia took the card from him. "Thank you Jonah. I appreciate that.

Gabriel tapped Jonah on the shoulder. "Well, who's hungry? I know I am!"

Jonah looked over at Mia. "Are you sure you want me to come? I don't want to intrude on your father daughter time."

Gabriel chucked. "Nonsense. You know you're like family to me Jonah. You don't mind, do you Mia?"

Mia shook her head. "No, of course not Dad."