Chapter 83

Mia walked into her Dads office and as Jose headed out. "Hello Mia. You are glowing today."

Mia smiled. "Thank you!" She told him and gave him a hug.

"I'll see you later Gabe." He turned to say to Gabriel.

Gabriel waved and walked over to his daughter. "Hey princess! What's going on?" He asked pulling her into a hug and kissing her cheek.

"I came to invite you to lunch. Also, there was something I wanted to discuss with you."

Gabriel held her at arms length and frowned. "Is everything okay with you and Bruno?"

Mia smiled at the mention of Bruno's name. "Everything is perfect with Bruno Dad. Which reminds me I have two things I want to talk to you about. So, can I take you out to lunch?"

Gabriel smiled and shook his head. "No, but I would be honored to take you out to lunch. Let me grab my jacket."

Mia giggled and shook her head. "I supposed there's no point in arguing about that is there?"

Gabriel glanced back at her and shook his head. "Absolutely not." He grabbed his jacket and got the door leading Mia out. Arriving at the restaurant they were seated and looked over the menu making small talk. They ordered their food and Gabriel waited for her to bring up what she wanted to talk about. She seemed nervous and didn't seem to be ready to discuss whatever she wanted to talk about. "So what's going on princess?"

Mia took a sip of her water and smiled at her dad. "Well, this first thing is easy. I was just wondering if Bruno and I could use your jet to go to Hawaii. I, well, we miss Bernadette and I miss the other girls. You know they're like my sisters. I haven't seen them in a while and."

Gabriel cut her off. "Princess, you don't even need to ask. Just let me know when. What's mine is yours. You know that."

Mia smiled at him and nodded her head. "Thanks Dad. I just... I don't know if I'll ever be used to that. I think I'll always feel the need to ask."

Gabriel shook his head. "Well you shouldn't. You're my daughter, you're all I have. Everything I have is yours princess."

Mia nodded again and smiled. "Thank you Dad."

He gave her nod and a fatherly smile. "Now, what's really bothering you?"

She furrowed her eyebrows at him. "Who says something is bothering me?"

He raised her brows at her and and smiled. "Come on Mia. I know I've missed a lot of your life but I've gotten to know you pretty well. Give me some credit. I could tell something was bothering you the second you walked into my office. If that wasn't enough your nervousness to bring it up was a dead giveaway."

Mia sighed. "I ummm. I don't really know where to begin."

Gabriel reached his hand across the table and placed in on hers. "Princess, just tell me."

She nodded her head. "I was going to wait to talk to you about this when it got closer to me having the baby but I think it's best I do it now. I wanted to see if it was possible for me to start working on cases from home instead of in the office with Jonah. If I'm needed to appear in a court case I can do that, I would just like to do everything else from home."

Gabriel took her hand in his. "Mia did something happen with Jonah?"

Mia shook her head. "No. I just...." she sighed. "I'd like to prevent that Dad. I adore him, he's a really good guy. I just don't know if us working so closely together is a good idea anymore."