Chapter 64

They finished up their dinner and Mia tried to get up and clear the table but Bruno wouldn't let her. "Leave it baby. I'll take care of it. Our special night isn't over yet." He took her hand in his and led her to their living room. He picked up a remote and turned some music on. He extended his hand out to her "May I have this dance?"

Mia smiled because she recognized the music immediately. It was one of her favorite songs. "You may" she told him placing her hand in his.

Bruno grinned and pulled her close and started moving with her to the rhythm of the music and when the lyrics started he looked into her eyes and sang.

"The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful
Stop me and steal my breath.
And emeralds from mountains that thrust towards the sky
Never revealing their depth.
And tell me that we belong together
Dress it up with the trappings of love
I'll be captivated, I'll hang from your lips
Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above."

Mia grinned from ear to ear. It had been a while since they'd had a moment like this. Them dancing and him singing in her ear as they did so.

"I'll be your cryin' shoulder
I'll be love's suicide.
And I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life."

Bruno spun her around a couple times and brought her close to him again with a smile on his face. A genuine smile that she hadn't seen in a while. It made her heart melt and she giggled.

"And rain falls angry on the tin roof
As we lie awake in my bed.
And you're my survival, you're my living proof
My love is alive and not dead.
And tell me that we belong together
Dress it up with the trappings of love
I'll be captivated, I'll hang from your lips
Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above."

Bruno kissed her forehead.

"And I'll be your cryin' shoulder
I'll be love's suicide.
I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life."

Mia continued to remain silent but the smile she was wearing could light up the room. Bruno had been feeling so distant lately but tonight, he was the old Bruno again. Tonight, she had her man back.

"And I've dropped out, I've burned up, I've fought my way back from the dead.
I Tuned in, I turned on, remembered the thing that you said.

And I'll be your cryin' shoulder
I'll be love's suicide.
And I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life.
And I'll be your cryin' shoulder
I'll be love's suicide.
And I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life."

He spun her around one last time and sang the last few lyrics.

"The greatest fan of your life."

He dipped her down dramatically but romantically like they do in the movies and brought his lips down to kiss hers. Mia giggled as he lifted her up and pulled her into a hug. "I love you so much Mia."

Mia smiled back. "And I love you Bruno."

He gave her his cute shy smile and brought his lips to hers again. "I want you Mia."

Mia smiled and let out a breath she hadn't realized she was holding. "I want you too Bruno. It's been too long."

Bruno kissed her forehead again. "I know baby and I'm so sorry for that. I haven't been being myself lately. I've neglected you and our marriage. There's no excuse for it, I'm just sorry baby."

Mia nodded her head. "It's fine." She paused. "I.... I don't want to ruin this special moment or this special night but there's something I have to ask you Bruno."

Bruno took her hands on his and brought them up to his lips to kiss them. "You can ask me anything baby."

Mia sighed. "There's not really a good way of asking this so I'm just going to ask." She broke eye contact with him momentarily but then looked back at him because she needed to see his reaction to the question. "Bruno, is there someone else?"

The question caught him off guard but without hesitation Bruno shook his head. "No! Absolutely not Mia. There's only you baby. You're the only one I want." Mia's eyes filled with tears relieved by his answer and Bruno pulled her close and hugged her. "My God Mia, I am so sorry baby. I'm sorry I pushed you to the point of thinking there was someone else." Mia sobbed a little as he rubbed her back fighting his own tears. He pulled away and wiped her tears then gently held her face in his hands. "Mia, listen to be baby, you are the only one for me. No one else is in my heart but you baby. You're it for me. I realize I've been a little bit selfish and careless when it comes to you but I'm not cheating on you baby. I could never!"

More tears escaped Mia's eyes and she buried her head into his chest. "You don't know how relieved I am to hear you say that Bruno. I love you so much!"

Bruno hugged her tight and his emotions took over. A few tears rolled down his cheeks as he said "I love you more baby." He picked her up and carried her into their bedroom and made sweet love to her like he had never done before. The fear of losing her had opened his eyes to a whole new level of love he never knew existed. That night he made a promise to himself and to her to never make her feel that way again. He never wanted her to doubt his feelings for her. He never wanted her to think that he could ever be unfaithful to her. But that temptation sure is mother fucker isn't it? Could he really keep a promise like that forever?