Chapter 90

Gabriel rocked Melody in his arms with the biggest smile on his face. "I can't believe I'm a grandpa to the most perfect little grand daughter." He looked up at Bruno and Mia. "This is so special. Thank you for this."

Mia and Bruno both smiled at him. "She's the most perfect little baby girl I have ever seen." Bruno said.

Mia's smile widened. Seeing her father and her husband over the moon about Melody touched her heart. She didn't think the moment could get anymore special until Elijah walked in. Before he even spoke his eyes found Melody and the smile that came across his face warmed her heart even more. He immediately walkef over to Gabriel to get a better look at her. "Can I hold her?"

Gabriel nodded. "Of course." He carefully placed Melody in his arms.

Eli looked down at Melody and was mesmerized by her. When he finally looked up he looked in Bruno and Mia's direction. "She's absolutely perfect."

Mia giggled. "That's what I keep hearing and I can't argue that."

Eli smiled. "I'm sorry I didn't speak to anyone when I came in. I was just drawn to her. So hello everyone." He walked over to Mia and carefully leaned down to kiss her forehead. "Congratulations Mia. Congratulations Bruno."

Before they knew it their room was filled with more family. Eric and Cindia were the last to arrive because they had gone to pick Bernie up from the airport. She'd taken a flight as soon as Bruno called her to let her know the baby was coming. Bruno told her she didn't need to rush but her mind was made up. She walked in and greeted everyone and then started glancing around the room for baby Melody. She found her in Pete's arms. She walked over and Pete handed her to him. "Melody, this is your grandma Bernie."

Bernie's eyes filled with tears as she looked down at the precious baby girl with a head full of hair in her arms. "Oh my goodness. She's so precious. Look at all that hair and those chubby little cheeks." She looked at Bruno and Mia. "She's so perfect."

Bruno and Mia smiled. Perfect. The word they'd heard from everyone in the room and the word that accurately described how they felt about their little girl. There were so many pictures being taken and the energy in the room was amazing but Mia was exhausted and really needed some rest.

"I think the new Mommy needs to get some rest. Bruno, sweetheart, why don't you take everyone to get some food. Then you can go home and take a quick shower and come back. I'll stay here with Mia and Melody." Bernie said.

"Mom I don't want to leave them, I'm fine."

Mia looked at him and smiled. "I love you but she's right. You need to go and get something good to eat and shower and I need some rest."

Bruno pouted. "You haven't eaten anything good either. This hospital food isn't bad but it's not great."

Mia giggled. "I'm sleepier than I am hungry. But you can bring me something when you come back. That would make me very happy."

Bruno looked down at his wife and smiled. "Okay baby. But what if you get hungry before I get back?" He asked.

"Then I'll ask for a small snack baby." Mia told him brining her hand up to cup his cheek.

Bruno nodded. "Okay." He leaned down to kiss her forehead and leaned down further to kiss Melody's forehead. "I love you girls."

Mia glanced down at Melody and looked back up at Bruno. "We love you too."

Everyone else said goodbye and soon Mia was left in the room with just Melody and Bernadette. "I'll keep an eye on her dear. You get some rest. I'll wake you when it's time to feed her."