Chapter 56

"Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Hernandez." They DJ's voice sounded over the microphone.

Bruno and Mia stood at the center of the dance floor with the lights shining on them. Once again, Bruno had a tiny mic clipped to him. The music started and he started gliding Mia around the dance floor and singing the lyrics to "Rest Of My Life" The guests that hadn't been present at the rehearsal dinner were in awe when they realized Bruno was singing. They became even more impressed when they asked around to room and found out that Bruno had written the song. Mia smiled at him the entire time with tears escaping her eyes. It was just as beautiful as it was when he sang it last night. When he finished the song he pulled Mia in for a kiss. "I love you so much my beautiful wife!"

The guest clapped and Mia giggled. "I love you too my amazingly talented and sexy husband."

Bruno walked Mia to her seat and walked over to take his moms hand. He led her to the center of the dance floor and spoke into the mic. "Mom, you know how much I love you. If I had to pick my own mom I don't think I would have been able to pick anyone as amazing as you. I couldn't think of a better song to sing to you and dance with you then the one that's coming on now. " The music started and Bruno started dancing with his mom as he sang to her.

"You taught me everything
And everything you've given me
I always keep it inside
You're the driving force in my life, yeah

There isn't anything
Or anyone that I can be
And it just wouldn't feel right
If I didn't have you by my side

You were there for me to love and care for me
When skies were grey
Whenever I was down
You were always there to comfort me
And no one else can be what you have been to me
You will always be
You will always be the girl in my life
For all times"

He wiped at the tears that were coming from his moms eyes and smiled at her.

"Mama, mama, you know I love you
Oh you know I love you
Mama, mama, you're the queen of my heart
Your love is like tears from the stars
Mama, I just want you to know
Lovin' you is like food to my soul"

He kissed Bernie on the cheek.

"You're always down for me
Have always been around for me
Even when I was bad
You showed me right from my wrong
Yes you did

And you took up for me
When everyone was downin' me
You always did understand
You gave me strength to go on

There were so many times
Looking back when I was so afraid
And then you come to me
And say to me I can face anything
And no one else can do what you have done for me
You'll always be
You will always be the girl in my life, ooh oh

Mama, mama, you know I love you
Mama, mama, you're the queen of my heart
Your love is like tears from the stars
Mama, I just want you to know
Lovin' you is like food to my soul

Never gonna go a day without you
Fills me up just thinking about you
I'll never go a day without my mama

Mama, mama, you know I love you
Mama, mama, you're the queen of my heart
Your love is like tears from the stars
Mama, I just want you to know
Lovin' you is like food to my soul"

Bruno hugged Bernie tight as she happily sobbed into his chest. "I love you mom!" He kissed her forehead. Everyone was so moved by the obvious amount of love Bruno had for his mother.

"I love you too my sweet boy!" Bernie told him. They walked off the dance floor.

Gabriel walked over to Mia and took her hand leading her to the center of the dance floor preparing for the Father, Daughter dance. The wedding planner brought Gabriel a mic and walked away. "As you all know I only found out I had a daughter a little over two years ago." He looked at Mia and smiled and she smiled back. "These past two years of getting to know her have been truly the best years of my life. She came into my life in a moment when I felt like my life was missing something. Before I found out about her, her Mother was the greatest love I ever knew. She was the light in my life. Now, Mia tops that. She showed up and showed me exactly what I was missing. You never know how much love you can truly have for someone until you've had a child. It's like a piece of your heart is walking around outside of your body. I never thought I would get to experience that, but here I am." Mia wiped at the tear that rolled down her cheek and Gabriel kissed the top of her head. "Before I move any further I want to thank the Elijah for everything he's done for Mia and thank him as well for allowing me to have this moment with my daughter." Guest clapped for Elijah. "I asked Mia if she would give me the honor of choosing the song we would dance together and she agreed. She has no idea what I picked" he looked at her. "But I hope you like it Mia. I can't sing like your talented husband but I do have some moves." He joked and everyone laughed. The music started and "You Decorated My Life" by Kenny Rogers started playing.

"All my life was a paper
Once plain, pure and white
Till you moved with your pen, changin' moods now and then Till the balance was right

Then you added some music
Every note was in place
And anybody could see all the changes in me by the look on my face

And you decorated my life
Created a world
Where dreams are a part
And you decorated my life
By paintin' your love all over my heart
You decorated my life"

Gabriel gracefully twirled Mia around the dance floor. He was definitely not wrong when he said he could dance.

"Like a rhyme with no reason
In an unfinished song
There was no harmony, life meant nothin' to me until you came along

And you brought out the colors
What a gentle surprise
Now I'm able to see all the things life can be, shinin' right in your eyes

And you decorated my life
Created a world
Where dreams are a part
And you decorated my life
By paintin' your love
All over my heart
You decorated my life"

Gabriel pulled his daughter into a hug and kissed her cheek. I love you princess!"

Mia wiped the tears that escaped. "I love you too Dad!"

The night went on and guests danced and laughed. When it was time for the dollar dances Mia and Bruno took the center of the dance floor once again. lines were formed behind Eric and Tahiti who were the ones collecting the money. Bruno and Mia were all smiles dancing with their wedding guest. Then Jonah walked up to dance with Mia and her threw her off a little. "You look stunning today and your husband is a pretty amazing guy."

Mia relaxed a little after his statement and smiled at him. "Thank you." She looked over at Bruno who was currently dancing with her grandmother and smiling with her. Her grandparents really adored him. "He really is amazing." She looked back at Jonah. "What makes you say that though?"

Jonah shrugged. "It's true. He's proven to me he's a better man than I could ever be. We talked last night. He surprised me to be honest. I thought he was going to tell me to stay away from you but it was quite the opposite. He said he didn't want you to feel like you couldn't come to me for help with school because he was okay with you asking me for it. But he did ask me to respect your relationship and not try anything with you. He said he trusted you one hundred percent and that he hoped I respected your relationship enough to never put you in a position to have to turn me down." He grinned as he remembered the conversation.

Mia laughed and looked over at her husband. "He said that?"

Jonah nodded his head even though Mia wasn't looking at him. "He did."

Bruno glanced over and met eyes with her and Mia flashed him a big smile and blew him a kiss. Bruno grinned and winked at his wife before turning his attention back to her grandmother. Mia looked back up at Jonah. "He's literally the most perfect person in the world. I am so lucky to have him."