Chapter 32

After her conversation with Bruno she went to bed. When she woke up in the morning she had a missed call from Gabriel and a text message. The text message read "Sorry for calling so late. Call me when you get a minute."

She looked at the time. He had sent the message at 10:15PM her time which meant it was 1:15AM his time. She looked at the clock. It was 6AM which meant it was 9AM in Los Angeles. She hit the send button and waited for him to answer.

"Mia! Good morning!" Gabriel's voice sounded in her ear.

"Good morning. Is everything okay?" she asked him.

"Perfect. I was just curious as to why you booked flights. I was supposed to take care of everything." Gabriel said into the phone.

"I appreciate that but uncle Eli and I don't want anyone to think we're trying to take advantage. What's important is that I'll be there.... right?" she asked.

"Of course. But Mia, it's not taking advantage. You're my daughter. At least say you'll stay in my home when you're here. I'd like to spend more time with you and get to know you. There's plenty of space here!" Gabriel said.

Mia thought about it for a moment. She wasn't sure Eli would like it but she did want to spend time with her dad. "Okay!" she said into the phone.

"Great! I'll be at the airport to pick you up. I'll get in contact with Bruno so he can come with me. I'm sure you would love for him to be there" Gabriel said. He and Bruno had hit it off pretty well. They talked a lot on the flight back to Los Angeles and Gabriel could see that he really loved Mia. He wasn't sure how he felt about him wanting to be a musician but still, he seemed like a good kid and he was happy Mia had him in her life.

"I would love that very much. Thank you dad." Mia couldn't help but smile. She loved that her dad was already accepting of Bruno.

-----------------------------------------

Bruno sat in the car with Gabriel on their way to the airport. He was nervous because he wanted to ask him something before they got to Mia.

"What's on your mind?" Gabriel's voice seemed to echo in his ear. He had a very deep voice.

Bruno looked up at him and rubbed the back of his neck. "I just.... I know that you know Mia and I are already engaged but..... I mean, I guess now that she's found her dad it's only right for me to ask for your blessing. So.... will you give us your blessing?"

Gabriel shot him a smile. "I see the way she looks at you and I see the way you look at her. It's the same way her mother looked at me.... and the same way I looked at her. Who am I to say no to a love as pure as yours? Of course you have my blessing Bruno. But fair warning, if you break her heart, you'll have to deal with me."

Bruno let out a soft chuckle. "Yes sir! I'll keep that in mind. Thank you! Can I ask you a personal question."

Gabriel nodded his head. "Why not?"

Bruno cleared his throat. "You say you loved Mia's mom the way I love Mia..... How did you ever get over that? I mean.... if I ever lost Mia..... I think I'd go crazy!"

Gabriel stared off into a distance for a moment before speaking. "I didn't. I still love her with all my heart.... and I didn't think it was possible but now, knowing that she made me a father. I love her more. You never get over a love like that Bruno. It's why I never married or had kids."

Bruno nodded his head. "I can see that. But now you have Mia."

It was Gabriel's turn to nod his head. "I do.... and I plan on giving her the world!" he said with a smile.

Bruno put his head down. That's what he wanted for her. He wanted to give her the world. But now she had her dad to do that for her. Suddenly he didn't feel like he was good enough for Mia. "She certainly deserves the world sir." That was all he could say.