Chapter 77

The next few hours were spent with Bruno and Phil going through some of the other songs that needed work before they could be recorded and Bruno and Mia exchanging cute glances at each other. Phil caught them a few times and couldn't help but smile. He was glad he had talked to Mia and played the song for her because now it seemed like things were getting back to normal. "Mia, baby, what time do you need to be home by?" Bruno asked her looking at his watch.

"You can just drop me off at the restaurant. I don't need to change. It's a business dinner but it's just my Dad, Jonah and Jose. I'll be fine with what I'm wearing. I'm supposed to met them at six. Before we go, can we call your Mom and Dad and give them the news? I'd like us to tell me Dad together when you drop me off."

Bruno smiled and nodded. "Okay. Whatever you want sweetheart. Let me just wrap this up with Phil and we can call my my Mom and Dad and then get going."

Now it was Mia's turn to smile and nod. "Perfect."

Phil looked at them and smiled. "So, I didn't ask because I didn't want to be nosey but does this mean y'all are getting back together?"

Mia and Bruno both looked at him and smiled. "We're working it out." Bruno said.

"Baby steps." Mia added and giggled rubbing her belly.

Phil and Bruno both laughed. "Well that's good. I'm happy for you two. I honestly believe that you two were meant for each other and it just felt all wrong with you two being apart." He looked over at Mia "Plus, B is a cry baby. I don't know how many more studio sessions I could have gone through with him just crying." Phil laughed and Bruno laughed with him but flipped him off.

Mia shook her head. "Always with the jokes Mr. Lawrence."

Bruno smacked Phil on the shoulder. "Oh she called you Mr. Lawrence. That's pretty serious. You're in trouble Phil."

"Ah come on Mia. I was just playin!"

Mia kept a stern look on her face. "Don't be making fun of my baby Phil. That's not funny."

Phil sighed. "I was playin Mia."

Mia looked between him and Bruno with a serious expression still on her face. She smiled at Bruno and they both busted out laughing. "Phil I wish I could have taken a picture of your face just now. I'm so sorry. I was just playing with you too."

Phil laughed too but shook his head. "I can't stand y'all! I'll get y'all back though. Don't you worry."

Bruno got up and kissed Mia on the forehead. "God I missed you!" He hugged her then pecked her lips.

"I missed you too. And you too Philly Phil!"

Phil poked his lips up. "Mmm hmm. Sure you did." He laughed. "Honestly though. I missed you too. All jokes aside, I'm happy to know that you two working it out."

Mia smiled. "Thanks Phil."

Shortly after that Bruno and Phil finished wrapping up the track they were working on and it was time for them to call Bernie. "Babe I'm going to tell her to get to her computer so we can video chat? Is that okay?" Mia asked him.

"You and my mom video chat?" Bruno asked.

"We do. I had Presley show her."

Bruno smiled and nodded. "Okay."

Mia pulled out her phone and asked Bernie to get to her computer. She then powered up Bruno's laptop, opening Skype, she signed in and called Bernie. When Bernie's face appeared on the screen Bruno and Mia smiled and said "Hi Mom!" in unison.