Chapter 49

After taking a shower she put lotion on her body and blow dried her hair then curled it. She put half of it up and left half of it down. She decided to go for a little more make-up than usual for tonight. She put on some very light eye shadow and did a bold eyeliner look, she had almost like a smokey eye going. Then she applied some mascara and some red lipstick. She walked over to the bed and picked up the dress she had chosen to wear for tonight. She wanted something sexy but that she could still move around in comfortably for their night of dancing. She went for a red spaghetti strap dress with a V-neck plunge that ruffled at the bottom. After putting it on she slipped on her black Saint Laurent leather pumps then walked over to her jewelry box. She took out her princess cut diamond earrings and put them on. She looked down at the ring that sat on her ring finger. Bruno had surprised her with an upgraded engagement ring a couple months back. When he had given it to her she insisted to him that her original one was perfect and he should take the new one back but he wasn't having it. He told her that she deserved more and he could give her more now than that 17 year old boy that he was when he had proposed to her. He insisted that this one was going to fit better with their wedding bands. He told her "That old one was fit for the princess you were when I proposed to you, my princess. But baby, you're not my princess anymore. You're my queen, and this ring is fit for a queen, for My Queen!" She had cried her eyes out and told him she still wanted to keep the other one. He'd told her he never planned on getting rid of it, that he planned on her saving it to give to their daughter one day because she would be his princess then. She looked at her old ring in the jewelry box and smiled at the idea of their daughter wearing that ring. Then she pulled out the necklace with a key shaped charm that Bruno had given her years ago. The key to his heart was what he had called it when he gave it to her the first time they went to prom together. She put it on and looked in the mirror. Her heart was so full with the love she felt for Bruno and she couldn't wait to call him her husband and take his last name. Mia Hernandez. It had a nice ring to it.

She heard the front door open and close and she knew Bruno was home

She heard the front door open and close and she knew Bruno was home. "Baby, I'm home!" He announced. She sprayed on some of her favorite perfume and took one last look in the mirror. She saw Bruno appear in the mirror.

He admired her reflection as he walked up behind her with a smile on his face. "Baby, you look absolutely stunning tonight." He took her hand and spun her around to face him. She smiled back at him. He brought one of his hands up to play with the necklace on her neck and his smile grew. "I love when you wear this. It brings back so many memories."

Mia's smile widened too. "It does for me too."

Bruno kissed her cheek then hugged her. "Give me twenty minutes baby, twenty minutes and I'll be ready to go."

Mia nodded her head and gave him a smile. "Okay baby."

When Bruno came into the living room he was wearing a black button up with his black leather jacket over it, dark blue jeans and his vans. He grabbed the gray fedora that he'd recently become attached to and placed it on top of his head. She hated when he covered his curls but he was really making that outfit look good. "How do I look?" He asked her spinning around and pretending to model for her with a big grin on his face.

"Fabulous!" She said and they both laughed. "You look good baby, so handsome." She stepped up to him and hugged him. "And you smell so good too. I'm rethinking this going out dancing thing." She said with a smirk.

Bruno grinned and shook his head. "While I love that idea, my baby is stressed and needs to go out dancing to unwind. So that's exactly what we are going to do. There will be plenty of time for you to rip my clothes off when we come home." He joked while laughing.

Mia giggled and smacked him on the arm. "Bruno!"

He laughed harder. "I'm just kidding baby! I'm the one that's going to be doing the ripping when we get back" he said gently tugging on her dress.

"Don't you dare! I love this dress!" Mia told him.

"Fine. I'll take it off slowly. Now let's go soon to be Mrs. Hernandez!" He smiled and winked at her.

She smiled and felt herself blush. "Alright Mr. Hernandez lets go!"