Chapter 35

The doorbell sounded and Bruno and Mia went to their spots. They sat in Gabriel's big game room which was connected to the living room area. There they would be able to hear everything that was said. Mia was super nervous again and Bruno held her hand to keep her as calm as possible. It wasn't long before voices were heard in the living room. The door bell rang two more times and they could hear even more voices. They heard a woman's voice speak to the maid. "Sandra where is my son and what is he up to?" Mia gasped and held on to Bruno's hand tighter. That had to be her grandmother.

"I can't say ma'am but he will be down shortly. Ah, here he is now!" Sandra said as Gabriel entered the room with Elijah right beside him.

"Hello my beautiful family." He went around the room and greeted everyone before he spoke again. "I'm glad everyone could make it tonight. I have some very exciting news I want to share with you all. Let me start off by first introducing everyone to the gentleman that entered the room with me. This is Elijah Gutierrez. Elijah these are my parents, my father Gabriel and my mother Marcella. This is my brother Gonzalo and his wife Yvette. These are their two children Eva and Gonzalo Jr., we call him Lalo. This is my sister Mya and her daughter Celeste."

Elijah greeted them all and they took a seat. Gabriel started talking again. "I know you're all wondering who he is so let me settle that now. Mom, Dad, do you remember Elena?"

There were a few small gasps heard around the room and then Gabriel senior spoke. "Of course we do." He looked to his wife.

"How could we forget her? Marcella asked. "She was a very special girl."

Mia could feel her eyes start to tear up but she fought hard to keep the tears from escaping. She was so thankful Bruno was there. He was her rock.

"This is her older brother Elijah." Gabriel spoke again.

"I'm so confused. What exactly is going on right now?" Mya asked.

"I'm getting there, be patient little sis" Gabriel said. "I was walking down Hollywood boulevard last week. I had just finished up a meeting with one of my clients near there. I bumped into a beautiful young girl that looked just like Elena. I couldn't believe my eyes. I get to talking to her and discover she's Elena's daughter. We talk a little longer and some things come to light. Now, before I finish I just want to say that all the necessary steps were taken to determine that what I'm about to tell you is in fact one hundred percent true. I am very happy and I hope you all will be happy as well." He paused.

"Gabriel if you don't hurry up and spit it out I might go crazy. What is it?" Marcella asked.

"Mom, Dad, family. That beautiful young girl I met is not only Elena'a daughter, she's mine too!" Gabriel said excitedly." Gasps were heard around the room. "This is the man who's been raising her for the 17 years that I've missed."

Everyone's mouths dropped open. No one knew exactly what to say. "You're serious?" Gabriel senior was the first to break the silence.

"Very serious." Gabriel said.

"I don't understand, where is Elena? Why didn't she tell you?" Marcella asked

"You know why mom....but Elena she.... she's no longer with us." Gabriel said. You could hear the sadness in his voice.

Bruno wiped the tear that had escaped Mia's eyes and pulled her closer but they remained silent.

"I'm so sorry." Marcella said to Elijah.

"She was a very beautiful soul. I'm sorry for your loss." Gabriel senior spoke next.

Tears rolled down Mya's eyes. She and Elena had gotten really close before Elena left and she felt devastated right now. She wiped at her tears. "Wait.... wait. So you have a daughter? With Elena? I have another niece. Where is she?" Mya asked.

"Yes. Why isn't she here Gabriel?" Marcella spoke again.

Gabriel stood up and walked over to the door that linked the rooms. "She is here." He opened the door and Bruno and Mia stepped out. All eyes were on them. "This is Mia Gutierrez, my daughter..... and this is her fiancé Bruno Hernandez."

Marcella's eyes filled with tears. "Mia? She named her Mia?"

Gabriel grinned. "She did."

Marcella stood up and went to her. "Oh my goodness she's so beautiful! Mia!!!" She wrapped Mia in her arms and Mia hugged her back. "I'm your grandmother, Marcella."

Mia couldn't help it any longer. The waterworks came pouring. "I am so very happy to meet you."

Everyone took turns greeting her and introducing themselves to her. Mia was so happy. Even Elijah seemed happy. Her heart felt so full right now.