Chapter 51

On the drive home Bruno was quiet. It was like as soon as they stepped out of the dance club his mood shifted. "Baby, is something bothering you? Did I do something?"

He sighed. "No. I remember him though. He's they guy I saw you with at the airport the first time you came to visit me from Hawaii. I didn't like him then and I don't like him now. How come you never mentioned him to me baby? He apparently knows a lot about me."

Mia raised her eyebrows in shock. "You remember him from then? How? I didn't ever feel the need to talk to you about him because he's not important. You are important. That's why he knows about you. I can count on one hand the number of times I've talked to him baby."

A small smile crept up on Bruno at her words about him being important and that's why Jonah knows about him, but he tried to hide it. "Of course I remember him. I was jealous when I saw you with him. I'm jealous of every man that ever gets the privilege of talking to you, especially the ones that look at you the way he looks at you. You're mine Mia."

Mia furrowed her eyebrows. "Baby, you have nothing to be jealous about. I only have eyes for you. There is no room in my heart for any man but you. I'm marrying you. You're the only man that matters to be baby. Jonah is not important. My dad introduced him to me when I first started law school because Jonah is a law student too. He's on his last year and dad figured if I ever needed help I could ask Jonah. That's it. I haven't needed his help. We never talked after that until I seen him today as I was leaving school. He doesn't matter to me baby. You're my man, you're what I care about. I'm yours baby. You have me. No one else but you. You don't ever have to worry about losing me to any other man baby."

Brunos expression softened. He hated that he needed reassurance from her but he did. He needed to hear her say that he was it for her. That she was his. Since Jonah was Jose's son Bruno was sure he was a close friend of the family and he was sure this wouldn't be the last he would see of him. He needed to hear Mia say she didn't care about him. "I love you so much baby." He told her and took her hand and brought it up to his lips to kiss it.

"I love you too baby." Mia told him. That night Bruno took her home and made love to her like he never had before. He took his time and explored every inch of her body. The idea of another man taking his place killed him. He never wanted to lose her. He was so scared of losing her. It awakened something in him that he'd never felt before. They made love for hours before he pulled her into his arms and sang her to sleep.

"I can't ever lose you baby. You are my everything." He whispered to her before he fell asleep himself.

--------------------------------------

It was the day before their wedding. Mia had just finished up here exams and was now rushing to her dad's to get ready for their rehearsal dinner. She walked in the room and found Bruno standing in the mirror fixing up his tie. He was wearing an all black tuxedo with a red vest and red tie.

His beautiful curls were free and he had on some red chucks to match the vest and tie

His beautiful curls were free and he had on some red chucks to match the vest and tie. He smiled at her when she walked in the room. "Hey baby. Your dress is hanging up in there ready for you to put on. I promise I didn't peek and look at it even though I wanted to."

Mia walked over to him with a smile and kissed him. "Thank you baby. You look so handsome." She finished fixing his tie for him then made sure everything else he was wearing was perfect. "There. Now get out of here and let me get ready before you become a distraction and we never make it to our rehearsal dinner."

Bruno grinned. "I wouldn't be opposed to that."

She laughed. "Bruno go! And send aunt Yvette up here please? She's supposed to help me with my make-up."

He laughed. "Yes my love!" He said and left the room closing the door behind him.

She rushed into the bathroom and quickly took a shower and then blow dried her hair. When she opened the door her aunt Yvette, who was her uncle Gonzalo's wife, was sitting there waiting for her. Her aunt Yvette was a make-up artist and a hair stylist. She had a shop in Hollywood with a pretty big celebrity clientele. Mia greeted her and they got right to work. Yvette worked quickly and put her hair in a cute updo then got started on her make-up. She used very light make-up and went with a bold smokey eye type look using red eye shadow to match the dress Mia would be wearing. She applied red lipstick to her lips and a soft pink blush. Mia looked in the mirror and smiled. "Thanks aunt Yvette. I really appreciate this."

Her aunt smiled. "You're welcome. Now let's get that dress on you."

Mia stood up and grabbed her dress and her aunt helped her put it on. It was a long red sequin dress with a low back and a long v neck plunge in the front. She put in her diamond princess cuts and her key necklace then slipped on her silver heels. "I'm ready!"

Her aunt Mya walked in the room and gasped

Her aunt Mya walked in the room and gasped. "Of my goodness. Mia, you look absolutely gorgeous." She hugged her. "You look so much like your mother." A tear rolled down her cheek.

"Oh no! Aunt Mya you came cry, Aunt Yvette just did my make-up and you're going to make me cry." Mia told her.

"Yes, please don't make her cry." Yvette said.

"I'm sorry. I'm not going to cry. I'm just so happy that you're here. So happy you exist. So happy that something so beautiful came out of the unconditional love Gabriel and Elena had. Seeing you and Bruno together reminds me so much of them. They were inseparable. I just, I wish things had been different. I wish they had more time. Elena really was the love of his life." A tear rolled down Mia's cheek. "I'm sorry Mia. You both told me not to make you cry and here I am doing just that."

Mia carefully wiped the tear that had escaped. "It's okay."

Yvette looked over her make-up. "We're still good. Let's get out there before anymore tears come and I have to redo her whole face." They all laughed as they left the room.