Chapter 10

The next morning Mia helped Jaime make breakfast while Bruno sat in the living room playing with Jaime's son Marley. Mia chatted with Jaime and continued to thank her for being so kind and making a meal for her last night and told her how delicious it was. Jaime just kept laughing and saying it was her pleasure. Mia always loved how easily she could get alone with Bruno's sisters and how well they treated her. They truly were like the sisters she always wished she'd had.

While they were finishing up making breakfast Jaime's husband Jesse walked in the kitchen to say good morning. Mia had only met him twice before when he went to Hawaii with Jaime. The other times Jaime had gone he had stayed behind for work. Both times she met him though, he was extremely kind to her. Mia thanked him and Jaime for welcoming her into their home for the week because they didn't have to. They both told her it was no problem at all. She promised them she and Bruno would babysit for a night so they could have a date night and they happily agreed.

Jaime served the plates and Mia went into the living room to get Bruno and Marley. When she walked in Bruno had Marley in his lap and he was playing his ukelele and they were singing together. A smile spread across her face as she watched them sing the tune together with smiles on their faces. When the song was over Bruno extended his hand out to Marley for a high five and said "Good job buddy, that was awesome!" Marley stood up and hugged him and then looked over at Mia and pointed in her direction. Bruno turned to look at her and smiled. "Hey babe! Guess we had an audience buddy!" He said now smiling over at Marley.

Marley was still shy around Mia so he didn't say anything. He just nodded his head and Mia smiled. "I actually just came in here to tell the two of you breakfast was ready."

Bruno stood up and swooped Marley into his arms. "Great! Let's go eat!" he said making his way towards her.

Mia couldn't help but think that he was going to be an amazing father to their children one day and that thought warmed her heart.