Chapter 47

Mia sat in the living room on her phone going over last minute details with the wedding planner. She heard the door open and Bruno stepped inside with Phil right behind him. They had been spending a lot of time together lately and she was thankful for that because Phil was helping him keep his dream alive. She smiled at both of them and Bruno came up and kissed her. She wrapped up her phone conversation and hung up. "Hey baby! Hey Phil!"

"Hello Miss Mia!" Phil said to her.

"How'd the final fitting go? Did Eric get his final fitting done too?"

Bruno chuckled. "Relax baby. It's done. You really think I wouldn't get that done? I've been waiting a long time to marry you. I'm not about to let no tux fitting get in the way of that now." He kissed her lips.

"He practically dragged me down there an hour early to make sure we weren't late." Phil said with a chuckle.

Mia smiled at Bruno. Well aren't you sweet? Are you hungry? Phil are you hungry?" She asked even though she already knew the answer.

"Yes!" They both said in unison.

Mia laughed. "I made tacos, rice and beans. I'll go make you both a plate."

"You're an angel!" Bruno said giving her another kiss before she left the room.

"You're a lucky guy B. I haven't known her long but I can tell she's one of the good ones and she really loves you." Phil said to Bruno."

"I know man. I love her too. It's crazy to say but I knew she was the one from the first moment I laid eyes on her." Bruno smiled as he stared off into space remembering that very first day he seen her outside his apartment building in Hawaii.

"I'm happy for you man. Don't you worry about this music thing. It's gonna pick up. You have too much talent not to make it. In the meantime, focus on spending as much time as you can with your soon to be wife. Once we get things going the way we want them to go we might have to be on the road a lot. You need to make sure you have a solid foundation when that happens. It's really important." Phil told him.

"I know man. I'm not worried about that though. Mia and I, were good, we're solid. Being on the road isn't going to break us. She trust me too much for that to be an issue." Bruno told Phil.

"That's good man." Phil said tapping him on the shoulder.

"Okay guys, time to eat. Get those hands cleaned and get in here." Mia shouted to them from the kitchen.

They both did as they were told the went to the table to take their seats. Mia placed a plate in front of each of them and returned to the counter to pour them something to drink.

"This looks delicious Mia, thank you." Phil said to her.

"You are very welcome Phil." She placed a drink in front of both of them. "You two enjoy."

Bruno looked at her and pouted. "You're not going to eat with us?"

Mia shook her head. "I'm not hungry baby. I had a late lunch. Besides, I really have to study. We have a big test coming up and I've been so busy with last minute wedding details. I haven't done nearly as much studying as I would have liked. I promise I'll eat later."

Bruno nodded his head. "Okay baby. Go get your school girl shit going. You're so damn cute when your studying. But first give me some sugar." He poked his lips out for her to kiss.

Mia was blushing. She giggled before she leaned in and gave him a kiss. "You're so silly baby!"

Bruno smiled real big at her. "You love it!"

Mia giggled again. "Of course I do."

Phil smiled as he watched their interaction. He hadn't been around them long but the short time he had spent with them was enough for him to see that Bruno and Mia were the perfect match for each other. Like they were meant to be or something. He came to the conclusion that Bruno was right. Mia was definitely strong enough to handle being the wife of someone on the road.