Chapter 19

As the evening approached on Mia's last full day in Los Angeles her heart became heavy. She wasn't ready to leave Bruno behind yet. She wished she could go back to the day they had spent at Disneyland and the beach and relive it over and over again.

When they woke up that morning Mia made breakfast for everyone and Marley sat in the kitchen with her and watched. After breakfast she and Bruno had gotten dressed and taken Marley to the park for a while. Then they had taken him for ice cream and headed back to Jaime's for some more lounging around and lunch.

Now Mia stood in the bathroom getting ready to go out to dinner with Bruno. She didn't know what he had planned but he told her to wear a pretty dress. She was so thankful she had decided to pack a little black dress "just in case". The dress came about mid thigh and hugged all her curves perfectly. She paired it with some red pumps, curled her hair and applied some eyeliner and some red lipstick. She looked in the mirror at her reflection and smiled, happy with the way she looked. Before Bruno she was so insecure. Bruno helped her break out of that. He made her feel confident and comfortable in her own skin. He always showered her with compliments and made her see that she truly was beautiful. She ran her hands down the sides of her dress and took a deep breath before going to find Bruno. No matter how many dates she went on with Bruno, she was always nervous to see what he would think about her outfit.

She walked in the living room to grab her purse and peeked in the kitchen. She saw Jaime handing him something and he stuck it in his wallet. "Thanks sis, you're the best!" He said to her and hugged her.

"I know I am. You're lucky I love you or I wouldn't have done it" Jaime said to him.

"I know sis and I appreciate it." Bruno said.

"Miiiiaaaa!" Marley screamed running out of the kitchen to hug her. "You look pretty."

Bruno and Jaime turned to face her as she smiled down at Marley. "Thank you cutie pie." She squared down and hugged him. When she stood back up Bruno and Jaime were both looking at her. Brunos mouth was slightly open and he was looking at her with bedroom eyes that cause her to blush.

"Wow! Marley is right! You look so pretty! Doesn't she Bruno?" Jaime said gently elbowing Bruno on the side to snap him out of his own little world.

Bruno snapped out of it and smiled. "She looks gorgeous." He walked towards her and took her hand to kiss it. "Absolutely gorgeous" he said.