Chapter 54

The big day was finally here. Mia woke up and checked her phone. She could already hear people moving around outside getting things ready for the ceremony. Her phone told her it was 7:45 in the morning. Her phone started ringing and Bruno's name appeared on the screen. "Hello?" she answered with a smile.

"Good morning my love. I can't wait to marry you today." Bruno said.

Mia smiled. "Me neither. Just seven more hours and we will be saying our "I Do's" my love." She couldn't hide the excitement in her voice.

"Seven hours still seems so far away. How about I just come now and we can get married in our pajamas?" Bruno laughed.

Mia laughed with him. "You're so silly. We've waited so long already, I think we can manage seven more hours my love. I have to let you go because Tahiti is going to kill me if she knows I've talked to you and I have to get in the shower and get ready."

Bruno laughed. "Eric told me not to call you but I snuck in the bathroom because I had to talk to you. I guess I should let you go too. I'll see you in a few hours my love. I love you."

Mia blew him a kiss through the phone. "I love you too Bruno."

She hung up and got up to get in the shower. Not long after that her bedroom was flooded with her aunts, her grandmother, her cousins, her soon to be sister-in-laws, and Bernie, whom she already saw as a mother. Sandra, who was her dad's housekeeper, led the catering crew in the room to set up a mini breakfast bar for them. They were all getting ready in the same room and it seemed like absolute chaos but Mia was loving every second of it.

Bye the time her aunt Yvette had finished her hair make-up it was already one in the afternoon. She looked in the mirror admiring her aunts work. Her hair was in a cute updo with curls hanging down in front of her face and come in the back. Her make up was simple but glamorous. A silver smokey eyes look and some red lipstick. She put in her diamond princess cuts and her key necklace. Mia looked at her dress while everyone around her continued getting dressed. Her dress was a strapless ball gown style one made with silk and lace. From the moment she spotted it she knew it was the dress she wanted. When she tried it on she felt like a princess. Her shoes were some red satin peep toe pumps with a silver jewel design ok the back.

"Okay girl! Time to get this dress on you!" Tahiti told her

Mia looked at the clock and smiled. It was just after two. It was almost time for her to marry the love of her life. Tahiti and Bernie helped her get her dress on and then she slipped her heels on. A knock sounded at the door and Marcella opened it. Gabriel and Elijah walked in followed by Phil and Eric.

"My goodness. You're absolutely beautiful princess." Gabriel told her.

"She looks just like her mother." Eli added.

"My brother is going to lose it Mia. You look absolutely stunning."

"I second that. He's definitely going to lose it!" Phil added.

Mia smiled and thanked them all. Then everyone that wasn't going to be apart of the ceremony left the room and went outside to get ready for the ceremony to begin. Soon after they all made their way down stairs led by the wedding coordinator. As the music for the ceremony started Eva, who was the cousin Mia had become the closets with, and Phil walked out first. Followed by Tahiti and Eric. Then it was Mia's turn. Unable to choose between the man who she called Dad and the man who raised her she asked them both to walk her down the aisle. Her uncle had agreed to do it but he told her he would take a seat once they reached the altar because it was only fair for Gabriel to give her away to Bruno. He had missed out on so much of her life already, he wanted him to have this.

They stepped into view and all eyes were on Mia. She was nervous but as soon as her eyes met Brunos nothing else mattered. He was standing at the altar in an all white tuxedo with red accents.

He was wearing a pair of red and white chucks, his curly hair was tamed in a beautiful fro and he had the biggest smile plastered on his face

He was wearing a pair of red and white chucks, his curly hair was tamed in a beautiful fro and he had the biggest smile plastered on his face. She smiled at the site of him and his perfect dimples. When he smiled at her like that, the whole world stopped.

Authors Note: I know this chapter is pretty short. The next chapter will contain all the wedding details.