Chapter 34

They had discussed how the dinner evening would go on the way to the house. Elijah and Mia agreed that Gabriel's way would be the best way to break the news to his family. Gabriel led them up the stairs to show them their rooms. "I hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of getting everyone something to wear for the evening. Bruno and I picked your dress out together" he told Mia.

Mia smiled and looked at both of them. "You two went shopping together?"

Bruno and Gabriel both shrugged their shoulders. "We did" Gabriel said.

"We did a little something, something." Bruno said making Mia giggle.

"Awww how cute!" Mia said and kissed Bruno's cheek. She looked to Gabriel and said "Thank you. I appreciate it."

Gabriel smiled at her. "It was my pleasure. I hope it fits. If it doesn't, blame Bruno." He let out a chuckle and they all laughed with him. "I'm pretty sure I got your suit the right size. Obviously we didn't have the time to get it tailored, but If it doesn't fit let me know and we can go out and get another one before dinner." He was talking to Elijah now.

"Thank you. I'm sure it will be fine but it really wasn't necessary." Elijah said.

"It was my pleasure. I owe you so much more than that for raising Mia all these years." He patted Eli on the shoulder. "Now if you'll all excuse me, I have to go make sure everything is perfect for tonight. I'll see you all at dinner."

---------------------------------------------

Mia stared at the dress and her shoes before she put them on. She knew once she'd seen the bags on her bed that the items were expensive. They were Dolce&Gabbana. She opened the shoe box first. It contained some nice black leather pointed toe pumps and they were just her size. She smiled when she remembered that Bruno had gone shopping with Gabriel and there was no doubt he'd been the one that told him what size she wore. She zipped down the bag that contained her dress and pulled it out. It was a beautiful black strapless lace dress. She took off her robe and carefully slipped it on. The dress stopped just above her knees and it fit perfectly. She sat at the edge of the bed and slipped the heels on. Her hair was down and curled at the ends. She applied minimal make-up, eyeliner, mascara, and a red lip. She stood in front of the mirror and put on her mothers pearls then looked at her reflection in the mirror. She couldn't help but feel like it was too much for a simple dinner party. A knock sounded at the door and she told the person on the other side to come in.

Bruno appeared in her doorway wearing a nice, white, button down shirt that was tucked into some black slacks, a black suit jacket and some dress shoes. He looked so darn handsome. He smiled at her and her heart melted. She just wanted to run her hands through his curly fro and kiss him. "You look absolutely gorgeous" he said walking towards her.

"Thank you. You look real handsome. You don't think it's too much?" Mia asked him.

Bruno shook his head. "No. Nothing is too much for you. Are you nervous?" He took her hand and kissed it.

Mia nodded. "Just a lot" she said and giggled.

Bruno smiled at her again. "Don't be. They're gonna love you. They'd be crazy not to." He kissed her forehead and then her cheek.

Mia's cheeks flushed. Her nerves were gone now and her mind was elsewhere. She was really dying to run her fingers through Bruno's hair and kiss him and well, let's just say she needed to control herself. She cleared her throat and smiled. "Thank you baby."

Bruno gave her a knowing grin. "Not right now baby. But you are killing that dress!"

Mia felt her face get hot and she knew she was blushing hard. "I'm sorry. I can't help it. You look so good right now."

Bruno let out a soft chuckle and hugged her. It was one of her most favorite sounds in the world. She felt his warm breath in her ear. "You are so fucking sexy when you're looking at me like that. Trust me baby, I want you just as much as you want me right now."

His words sent chills down through her entire body. They pulled away and looked into each other's eyes both considering the risk of doing what they wanted right now. Then another knock sounded at her door. They smiled at each other and went to the door. Gabriel and Elijah stood on the other end.