Chapter 88:

Since Gabriel wanted to have lunch Bruno had stayed to help Mia go through files and keep her company. They took the elevator down to the lobby to wait for Gabriel so they could go to lunch. As they waited the elevator sounded and they saw Jonah walk out and he was greeted by a beautiful brunette. He was all smiles when he gave her a hug and then kissed her. Mia and Bruno looked at each with raised eyebrows and Mia laughed at the funny face Bruno made after. They watched as Jonah took her hand and headed towards the door which was the direction she and Bruno were standing. They both had smiles on their faces as they talked. The elevator sounded again and Mia looked over to see Gabriel stepping out. He looked around to to see if he saw them so Mia called to him.

"Dad, over here." She called to him.

That's when Jonah lifted his head up and looked in her direction. He turned back to the brunette at his side and said something to her and they started walking towards them along with Gabriel. Jonah was closer so he made it to them first. "Hey, good seeing you two. How was Hawaii?"

Mia and Bruno spoke in unison. "It was great! Thanks for asking."

They looked at each other and laughed. "Sorry. It was great. It's good to see you too Jonah." Mia said.

Jonah smiled and nodded his head. "I'm glad." He looked at the brunette who's hand he still held in his. "Babe this is Mia, Gabriel's daughter, and this is her husband Bruno."  Both Bruno and Mia were shocked to hear him call her babe but they didn't say anything. "Mia, Bruno, this is my girlfriend, Julissa.

I was impossible to hide the shock on their faces but they tried as best as they could. Mia extended her hand. "It's nice to meet you."

Julissa extended her hand and shook Mia's. "It's nice to meet you too."

Bruno extended his hand next. "It's nice to meet you."

Julissa reached for his hand next with a smile and shook it. "The pleasure is all mine. Seems as though someone forgot to mention Mia's Bruno was THE Bruno Mars. I'm actually a huge fan. I might seem really chill, but I'm actually freaking out on the inside."

Bruno laughed but hearing she was a fan he instantly turned his artist mode on. "Oh well thank you sweetheart. I appreciate your support."

That's when Gabriel walked up. "Sorry I'm running little behind schedule princess. I had to wrap up a call. Bruno how are you son?"

Bruno smiled. "Really good, how about yourself?"

Gabriel smiled. "I'm great! Ready to eat." He turned to Jonah and Julissa. "Hello Julissa, it's good seeing you here. Glad to see you're keeping this one company for lunch." He said motioning towards Jonah.

Julissa smiled. "Of course. Good seeing you again Mr. Vazquez. You're looking sharp!"

Gabriel smiled. "Thank you Julissa."

Jonah looked between Mia, Gabriel, and Bruno. "Are you all going out for lunch now?"

Gabriel nodded. "We are." He looked at Mia and Bruno and smiled.

"Us too." Jonah added.

"Oh maybe we should all go together?" Julissa suggested.

"Maybe another time babe. I only made reservations for two." Jonah said tossing Gabriel a knowing look.

Gabriel gave him a look of appreciation and said "Next time." If he thought Mia and Bruno didn't catch the looks between them, he was dead wrong.

They talked a moment longer and then they parted ways. Once they were in Gabriel's car Mia sat quietly in the back seat just looking at her Dad as he and Bruno discussed Jimi Hendrix. She didn't want to interrupt but she really wanted to know what those looks he and Jonah exchanged were about. When there was a pause in the conversation she used that as an opportunity to jump in. "Dad, what does Jonah know that I don't?"