Chapter 76

When they arrived to the studio Phil looked shocked but happy to see her. "Mia, hey hun! Happy to see you!" He hugged her and kissed her cheek.

"Hey Philly Phil! I'm happy to see you too. How have you been?" She asked taking a seat.

"I've been good. Look at you with that cute baby bump. You're glowing love. Pregnancy looks good on you."

Mia smiled. "Thank you."

He reached his hand over towards her belly? "Do you mind?"

Mis shook her head. "Of course not."

Phil touched her belly and smiled. "You women are amazing. I just wanna say that."

Bruno cleared his throat. "What's good B, how you doin today man?" Bruno said pointing out the fact that Phil didn't acknowledge him.

Mia and Phil laughed. "Man I've been seeing your ass every single day! What's good B? How you doin today man?"

Bruno grinned. "You know, I'm doing good man. Today is a beautiful day."

Phil laughed. "That's good man. I'm glad to hear that. Needy ass!"

The three of them laughed. "So listen, I wanted Mia to hear to the songs that are ready for the album."

Phil raised an eyebrow. "All of them?"

Bruno nodded. "Yeah. Of course!"

Phil shrugged. "Okay." Phil handled her some headphones and Bruno started to play some of the songs. She smiled and nodded her head to the music letting them know she liked what she was hearing. Phil watched Bruno debate on whether or not he wanted to play the song titled "Natalie." He looked at Phil and Phil shrugged his shoulders. "She's gonna hear it when the album drops anyway."

Bruno nodded his head and sighed. "Yeah. You're right. But I can't be in the room when she listens to it. Don't play the other one though. I don't want her to hear that one."

Phil furrowed his eyebrows. "You sure?"

Bruno nodded. "I'm sure." He got up and walked over to Mia and she removed the headset off one of her ears. "I'm going to go get some snacks because where gonna be here a while. Is here anything you'd like?"

Mia smiled. "You know what I like. Surprise me."

Bruno smiled back. "Okay, I gotchu. You want anything Phil."

Phil grinned. "You know what I like. Surprise me too."

Bruno and Mia laughed and Bruno flipped him the bird. "I'll be back. Take care of her for me."

Phil nodded. "You know it!"

When the song Natalie came on Phil kept his eyes on Mia. At first she was bopping her head but when the chorus came on he saw her tense up.

He wondered if he should stop the song but she didn't give any indication that she wanted him to stop it so he didn't. She seemed to be really focused on the lyrics. Phil thought they'd done an amazing job with the song. When it ended Mia took the headset off and sighed. "That was...." she paused for a moment. "It was hard to listen to but it's a very well written song. I'd like to say I hate it, but I can't. It's really good." Phil nodded in agreement. "Is that the real reason he left?"