Chapter 89

"Bruno will you please put some food in G's bowl? My hands are full trying to finish this dinner." Mia yelled from the kitchen.

"Yes baby girl, I got it." Bruno came strolling in. "You should have let me help you with that, or we could have had dinner catered. I don't want you overworking yourself." Bruno kissed her cheek.

Mia smiled. "It's cute that you care so much but I'm fine Bruno. Baby you know I want everything to go perfect for my Dad tonight. He's nervous about everyone meeting Angela and I just feel like, I don't know. I just need to cook."

Bruno shook his head and smiled. "You know I love to eat, especially when you or mom are cooking." Mia giggled. Bruno wrapped his arms around her. "Stop stressing baby, everything is going to be fine." He kissed her cheek again and then released her. "G, come on boy. Let's get you some food. Leave mommy alone, she's busy." Geronimo wagged his tail and followed Bruno as he continued to talk to him and tell him he was a good boy. Mia smiled at the sight. Bruno loved the heck out of that dog and she did too. She watched as Bruno poured the food into the bowl and Geronimo waited patiently for him to finish. "Okay boy, you can eat." The second Bruno said that G started chowing down. "Dang boy, greedy." Bruno said and laughed.

Mia giggled. "Just like his Daddy."

Bruno turned to face her and laughed. "Don't mess with a mans for or his wife and everything will be alright. Oh and his kids, and his mom. Maybe I should just say family."

Mia laughed again. "You're such a dork baby."

Bruno shrugged. "You love me though." He grinned.

"Of course I do. I gotta go get cleaned up. I don't know what time Dad and Angela are gonna show up. Listen for the doorbell please?"

Bruno walked back over to her and placed his hand on her belly and pecked her lips. "You know I got you baby. Go do what you gotta do. Daddy's got this whole situation under control. I'll make sure the kitchen don't burn down too."

Mia smiled and smacked him on the arm playfully. "Whatever. I'm cooking, not you. The kitchen will be fine."

Bruno brought his hand up to clutch his chest and feign shock. "Are you saying I can't cook?"

Mia gave him a kiss with a smile. "I'm saying thank you for holding it down while I get ready."

Bruno smiled his beautiful dimpled smile. "Anything for my wife" he told her as she walked away.

About an hour later Mia was finishing up her make-up when she heard the doorbell ring. She slipped on her shoes and started making her way downstairs. Bruno was already at the door greeting Gabriel and Angela.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Mia's husband, Bruno."

Angela shook his hand and smiled. "I know who you are. It's nice to meet you Bruno. I'm actually a fan. Gabriel didn't tell me his daughter was married THE Bruno Mars."

Bruno smiled. "Thank you. I appreciate that." He smiled at Gabriel. "We like to keep that on the low. Besides, when I'm not onstage, the real star in this relationship is my wife. She's got quite the voice on her too you know?"

Angela's eyebrows went up. "Really? I didn't know that."

Mia had just made it to the bottom of the stairs. "Bruno is always so humble and always trying to give me more credit then I deserve." She walked over to them and gave Angela a hug. "It's good to see you again and officially get to meet you."

Angela smiled. "I'm happy to be here. Between all the good things Gabe has had to say about you and what Bruno just said, I would say they give you the right amount of credit."