Chapter 11

Mia stood in the bathroom mirror fixing her hair getting ready for her day wth Bruno. She still had no clue what they were doing. No matter how much she tried to get him to tell her what he had up his sleeve he didn't budge. He had told her to dress casual and wear sneakers. The fact that he suggested sneakers eliminated any idea she had that could possibly lead them to the beach. She wore a simple pair of blue jean shorts, a black silk tank top and an oversized red and black plaid shirt that she knew would probably end up tied around her waist. She kneeled down to tie the black high tops chucks she had in her feet and then turned to take one last look in the mirror before walking out to find Bruno.

She found Bruno in the kitchen putting some items in a backpack. When he turned to face him they both looked at each other's outfits and burst into laughter. Their outfits were pretty much identical except that Bruno was wearing blue jean pants instead of shorts and his shirt was white instead of black. "Great minds" Bruno said and kissed her forehead. "You look beautiful as always."

Mia couldn't help but blush at his words. "Thank you. You look very handsome yourself."

Bruno smiled at her and grabbed the backpack off the counter and placed it over his shoulders. "Thank you. Ready to go my love?"

Mia nodded her head. "I am."

Bruno took her hand and led her to the door. He locked the door behind him and they began their journey. During the ride to their destination Bruno pointed out some more sights to her. Mia was in awe of how different life seemed in California from Hawaii. Bruno pulled the car over on the side of the road. Mia looked around and then looked at him confused. Bruno let out a soft chuckle as he took something out of his pocket and showed it to her.

"You're kidding right?" She asked him once she saw what was in his hand.

"Not at all. If this is gonna be a surprise we gotta do it right. Now turn around so I can put this on you." Bruno said to her.

Mia wanted to pout and put up a fight but ultimately Bruno would not give in and it would only delay her finally knowing what the surprise was so she did as she was told. Bruno grinned as he brought the bandana over her head and tied it over her eyes. "I promise you won't have to wait much longer, we're almost there."

Mia nodded her head but she didn't say anything. She felt a certain thrill about Bruno blindfolding her. Bruno started driving again and they soon reached their destination. He parked the car and before he got out instructed her not to move. "Sit still, I'll be around to help you out. Soon that blindfold will be off you face baby girl."

She sat still and waited anxiously for Bruno to come around and open her door. The wait seemed eternal. Bruno opened the door and reached in to take her hand and help her out. He closed the door and then opened the back door to grab the backpack he brought along and threw it over his shoulders then returned to Mia's side. "Okay baby girl, I'm going to lead the way. You trust me right?"

Mia nodded her head. "Of course I do. Do you really have to ask me that?" She wondered if maybe she shouldn't right now.

Bruno let out a soft chuckle. "The blindfold is covering most of your face but I can tell that you're questioning whether or not you should trust me right at this moment. I promise you we aren't doing anything crazy. I need you to follow my instructions carefully though okay baby?"

Not really having much of a choice right now she just nodded her head. Bruno proceeded to lead the way and she walked carefully and quietly along side him waiting for him to give her the instructions he was talking about. His steps slowed down so she slowed down as well. "Okay baby, we're about to step onto an escalator, when I say now I need you to take a step forward. Don't be scared, I got you okay?" Mia nodded and he held on to her a little tighter.

"Now!" Bruno said and Mia stepped forward and she felt Bruno step forward with her and held on to her. "When I say now the next time it's because we need to stop off the escalator okay?" Mia nodded again.

The looks Bruno was getting as he held on to a blind folded Mia were amusing to him. "Now." he said again and Mia followed his instructions and both stepped off the escalator. She continued to follow Bruno's lead. Mia could hear people talking around them and wondered where they were. Bruno's steps came to a halt. "Okay baby, I think it's okay to take the blindfold off now." She felt his hands untying the bandana from her head and he removed it from her eyes. "Look around and see if you can tell me where we are."

Mia looked around at all the people. A lot of them wearing shirts with Disney characters on them. A smile lit up her face as she looked up to Bruno's smiling face. "Disneyland?" she questioned looking ecstatic.

"Disneyland. I couldn't think of a better place to bring the girl that makes me the happiest than the happiest place on earth." He closed the gap between them and kissed her.