Chapter 71

Mia stepped up to the front door and rang the door bell. Moments later she heard someone unlock it. When the door opened Phil was standing there. "Thank God you're here!" He said and hugged her.

"I didn't exactly have much of a choice. Where is he?"

Phil let her in and grabbed her luggage by the door then closed the door behind her. "He's in the bedroom. He refuses to eat or drink anything but he really needs to Mia. Ryan and I have been trying to get him to eat but he won't listen."

Mia nodded. "Don't worry Phil. I got it from here. You can go if you want to. I'll keep you updated."

Phil shook his head. "If you don't mind I'm going to hang around for a while."

Mis smiled at him and hugged him again. "Of course not." Mia put her purse down and walked into the bedroom where she found Bruno curled up in the bed with his little pup that he had recently gotten. His name was Geronimo. Mia only knew this because Bruno had posted a picture of him on twitter and while she hadn't been speaking to him she still followed him on social media. "Bruno?" Mia called to him.

Bruno lifted his head up and looked at her with puffy eyes. "Mia, are you really here?"

Mia walked over to sit by him. "I'm really here Bruno. So this is Geronimo huh? He's adorable Bruno."

Bruno sat up in his bed. "You know about Geronimo?"

Mia gave him a warm smile. He looked so broken and she hated seeing him like that. "You posted his picture on twitter. Just because I haven't talked to you doesn't mean I haven't kept track of what you've been up to."

He smiled back at her then picked Geronimo up. "G, meet your Mommy. Mia, meet Geronimo."

Mia laughed and shook her head but she reached down to pet Geronimo who was all too eager for her attention. "Hello Geronimo. Nice to meet you boy!" Geronimo jumped in her lap and nuzzled in her hands.

"Traitor!" Bruno joke making Mia laugh. "I don't blame him though. I would want you to pet me too."

Mia laughed again. "You're so silly Bruno." A sad smile took over. "I'm sorry I wasn't paying close enough attention to you to notice something was wrong."

Bruno shook his head. "No. Don't do that. This isn't your fault Mia. I made the choice to do what I did." Mia picked Geronimo up and placed him back on the bed and gave Bruno a hug. Bruno let out a sigh of relief and hugged her tight. "God I've missed holding you."

Mia pulled away with tears in her eyes. "Bruno, you have to get better."

Bruno wiped the tears from her face. "I will Mia. Stop crying okay?"

Mia nodded. "I have to tell you something."

Bruno wasn't sure he was ready for what she was going to say but he took her hands in his. "What is it baby?"

Mia pulled her hands away from him and stood up. She turned away from him and started pacing. "Bruno, what I'm about to tell you changes nothing as far as us being together. I need to make that clear."

Bruno stood up. "Mia can you stop pacing the room and just tell me, please? You're making me nervous." He took her hand and spun her around to face him. "What baby?"

Mia sighed and took off her coat and lifted up her shirt. "You're going to be a Daddy Bruno."

Bruno's eyes went wide as he looked at her swollen belly. It wasn't big and round but it was definitely noticeable. He dropped to his knees in front of her and placed his hand on her belly and looked up at her with fresh tears in his eyes. "I'm going to be a Daddy?" He smiled up at her.