Chapter 48

With only a week left until their wedding Mia was so stressed juggling tiny last minute details and studying for exams she had coming up. She told Bruno she needed a break and they'd agreed to go out dancing. They hadn't done that in quite some time and she missed doing that with him. After her last class she hurried to her car so she could get home and take a shower and start getting ready for her special night with Bruno. Just as she was about to open her car door she heard someone call her name. The voice sounded familiar and she knew before she turned around exactly who she was going to see. Jonah stood before her with a smile on his face. "Oh hey Jonah, how's it going?" She gave him a polite smile.

"It's going good. I haven't seen you in a long time. I guess you haven't needed my help huh? It's going that good? How's the studying for the exams going?" If he was being honest it was partly because he had been trying to stay away from her that he hadn't seen her. Once Gabriel and his father warned him she was off limits he decided to put some space between them because he knew that seeing her was a bad idea. There was something about her that he couldn't quite put his finger on. He was drawn to her. Seeing her walking to her car he could help but stop her to say hello. While he was trying to stay away he had secretly hoped that she would eventually come to him for help and he could spend some time with her.

"Yeah, it has been quite some time. It has been going that well, I haven't needed any help at all. It's going really, really good actually. I'm just a little stressed because I didn't realize when Bruno and I set the date that my exams would be they day before my wedding. But I'm hanging in there." Thinking of her wedding made her smile.

"Oh that's right, your big day. How exciting!" He was trying to be nice but he was irritated at the idea of her getting married. He still hadn't met Bruno but he figured he had to be quite a catch to get someone like Mia.

"It is very exciting. Bruno and I have been waiting for this day for such a long time! I can't believe it's finally almost here!" Her smile grew wider. "Speaking of Bruno, I have to go. I have to go get ready for our date tonight. We're going dancing! Dancing just takes all my stress away."

Jonah smiled nodded his head. "I love dancing. I guess I'll see you at the wedding then?"

Mia nodded back. She remembered Gabriel telling her he was inviting the Sandoval family to the wedding and she didn't protest because she truly didn't have a problem with it. Jose was her Dads best friend and she was happy to have them. All she really cared about that day was that she was marrying the man of her dreams. "Yeah, I'll see you there." She gave him another polite smile and got in her car and drove home.

(A/N: I know this chapter is short but this scene was necessary so you could see that Jonah hasn't stopped thinking about her but he has tried to stay away even though he didn't really want to. I didn't want to combine it with the next chapter and make it way too long. @DisneyHooligan I know I'm posting while you're sleep again. Sorry lol! Late nights are when I have the most time to write.)