Chapter 12

To say that Mia was absolutely thrilled by Bruno's surprise was an understatement. As they boarded the trolley that would take them from the parking garage to the park Mia couldn't stop smiling. Bruno smiled right along with her. "Are you excited baby?" he asked her.

"So excited baby! I can't believe you're taking me to Disneyland. I've always wanted to come here!" Mia said and hugged him.

Bruno let out a soft chuckle. "I know baby and I remember that. That's why we're here. I'm surprised you didn't guess this would be what we were doing to be honest." He caressed her cheek and kissed her forehead.

"It never crossed my mind to be honest. I tried to think of things you might do but I think I was just to excited about being here with you to really focus on it." Mia said smiling up at him and then resting her head on his shoulder.

Bruno smiled and wrapped his arm around her. "I'm excited that you're here too my love."

Mia lifted her head off his shoulder as the trolley came to a stop. Bruno helped her off and they both ran hand in hand to the entrance of the park like two excited children. They purchased their tickets and spent the entire day running around the park from ride to ride and snapping pictures of each other, pictures of them together and pictures with all the Disney characters they ran into in the park. Let's not forget about eating. Mia and Bruno tried just about everything edible thing in the park they set their eyes on. Mia wore a permanent smile on her face the entire day and that let Bruno know he'd made the right decision in brining her there. Seeing her happy made him happy.

As it got closer to sunset Bruno asked Mia if she wanted to stay until the park closed down or if she was ready to go. As expected, she told him she wanted to do whatever he wanted to do. Since Bruno had something else in mind for their night he decided on leaving the park. As they headed back to the garage Bruno saw Mia eyeballing the backpack he had been wearing throughout the day and smiled. "What are you looking at baby?" he asked her.

Mia looked up at him with the smile she'd been wearing all day still in her face. "I'm just trying to figure out why you carried around that backpack all day. You didn't take much out of there except a couple water bottles and some snacks but...." she trailed of looking back at the backpack again.

"But what baby?" he asked her with an amused look on his face.

"But it looks like you still have quite a bit in there and you wouldn't let me touch it all day. What are you up to baby?" Mia asked him, curiosity written all over her face. "I can't imagine what else you could possibly have up your sleeve. You already did so much!"

Bruno grinned. "You'll find out soon baby. I promise."