Chapter 66

The next morning Mia woke up to the sound of her alarm. She went to sit up and realized Bruno's arms were wrapped around her and she smiled remembering the beautiful night of love making they shared. She tried to slip out of his arms but he tightened his grip on her. "Don't go yet."

She giggled. "Bruno, baby, I have to get in the shower and get dressed. I have an important court case today."

He sighed. "Five more minutes baby."

Mia giggled again. "Okay baby boy, five more minutes."

Bruno nestled his head into the crook of her neck. "I love you so much Mia."

She smiled. "I love you too Bruno." She remained quiet for a minute. "Baby, can we have a nice dinner out tonight? There's something I want to talk to you about."

Bruno opened his eyes and propped himself up a little to look at her. "Should I be worried baby?"

Mia laughed. "No. At least I don't think so."

Bruno nodded his head and smiled at her. "Okay babe. Whatever you want." He leaned in to kiss her.

"Thank you Bruno." She was thrilled that he was still being his sweet loving self. "Can I get up now?"

Bruno sighed dramatically. "If you must." He said poking his bottom lip out. Mia burst out laughing and he laughed too. "I've missed hearing your laugh baby."

Mia cradled his face in her hands. "I've missed yours too." She kissed him again. "I really have to get ready. I'll text you the details to the restaurant I will want you to meet me at once I have the them okay baby?"

Bruno nodded. "Okay baby. Why don't we go all out? Dinner and dancing?

Mia smiled. "That sounds amazing." She gave him another kiss.

"Good. It's settled then. Have a good day baby. Knock em dead! I'm going back to bed. Ooooh that rhymed" he laughed.

Mia laughed too and shook her head but got up to get ready for her day. When she arrived to the court house Jonah was already there waiting for her. She smiled at him and said good morning handing him a cup of coffee she had purchased for him.

Jonah took the cup and said "Thank you!" He studied her for a moment and smiled. "You're glowing today, you look extremely happy."

She smiled harder. "I am happy. Today is a good day. I'm ready to kick butt in there!"

Jonah laughed. "Alright, then kick butt we shall."

____________________

Mia arrived home with a smile on her face. Just like she had told Jonah, they kicked butt in the court room. The case was far from over but things were definitely looking to be going in their favor. She looked at the clock noting she had about an hour to get ready. She had texted Bruno earlier to let him know where and what time to meet and he responded letting her know he'd be there. She showered and got dressed. She looked in the mirror before she left. She was wearing a long hi-low red layered skirt that ruffled up mid way down, a black off the shoulder mid sleeve crop top and some simple black louboutin heels. Her hair was curled and she had decided to keep her make up light. Red lipstick, eyeliner and mascara. She smiled happily at her reflection then turned to grab her purse and left the room.

__________________

__________________

Earlier That Day:

Bruno sat in the studio with Phil listening to a track they were working on. "It's still missing something Phil."

Phil nodded his head. "Yeah, I agree." He looks at Bruno contemplating whether he wanted to speak what was on his mind or not. "Yo, B, what's up with you and Mia?"

Bruno raised an eyebrow at him. "What do you mean?"

Phil twisted his mouth up at him. "Come on man, you know what I mean. Last night, that wasn't..... well, it wasn't the Bruno and Mia I'm used to seeing." He raised an eyebrow at him challenging him to try and lie to him.

"What are you talking about? I was being me."

Phil nodded his head. "Yeah, you were. Yet Mia seemed surprised by your actions. At one point I saw her eyes water up man! What's going on with you two? Are you treating her right?"

Bruno ran his hands though his hair. "It's been a little rough alright Phil. But we talked about it last night and we're good. Matter a fact we're gonna go out dancing tonight. Just drop it man."

Phil shook his head. "B, I don't know what's going on but don't lose her over some dumb shit man. And please tell me you're not still talking to Natalie?"

Bruno rolled his eyes. "We're not about to do this Phil." Just then his phone rang. It was sitting right in front of them and Phil glanced at it shaking his head at Bruno when he saw Natalie's name come across the screen. "Drop it!" Bruno said picking up his phone and walking away.

"This fool!" He shook his head then looked towards the direction Bruno had gone. "I don't wanna hear you crying to me when she leaves your ass either!"

Bruno peaked his head back in the room and flipped him off. "That shit ain't funny Phil!" He said and walked away again.

Phill shook his head again. "No one said that shit was funny. He can't say I didn't warn him" Phil said out loud but to himself.

Author's Note: Short but needed chapter. What do y'all think? What's going to happen?