Chapter 55

When they made it to the end of the altar Elijah took a seat next to his wife so the ceremony could begin.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the union of Peter Hernandez and Mia Gutierrez in holy matrimony, which is an honorable estate, that is not to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly, but reverently and
soberly. Into this estate these two persons present come now to be joined. If any one can show just cause why they may not be lawfully joined together, let them speak now or forever hold their peace."

Everyone was silent so the minister continued. "Who gives this woman to be married to this man?" the minister asked.

"I do!" Gabriel said proudly. He stepped up and shook Bruno's hand. Then he took Mia's hand and placed it in Bruno's. "I know you're going to take care of her for me son."

"Yes sir, I am." Bruno said.

Gabriel gave him a smile and then turned to kiss Mia on the cheek. "I love you princess. You look beautiful."

"Thank you Dad. I love you too." Mia said with a smile. Gabriel took his seat and Bruno and Mia locked eyes with the biggest smiles on their faces.

"You are absolutely breathtaking" Bruno told her making her blush.

"Peter and Mia have written their own vows. Peter will go first and then Mia. Then we will proceed with the "I Do's" and the ring ceremony." 

Tahiti stepped forward to take Mia's bouquet then returned to her spot. Bruno took both of Mia's hands in his. "Mia, the first moment I laid eyes on you I knew that I had to meet you. The first time we spoke, I knew that you were going to occupy a special place in my heart. The very first time you came to my show, I fell in love with you. I didn't know it then, but it didn't take me long to figure it out. You quickly became my best friend, my everything. It took you a little bit longer to figure it out but eventually you got it. You couldn't resist all my charm!" He joked. They both laughed a little bit and so did the rest of the people present. "The first time you told me you loved me was the happiest day of my life. But that day was topped when I asked you to marry me and you said yes. Then there's today. The day I finally get to marry you. It tops them all. Mia, there isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank God for you. I know that we fell in love so young and some would say we aren't ready to be married. But they don't know all that we've been through already. You are my one true love. My once in a lifetime. I wouldn't change anything we went through because it made us who we are today. Without you, my life would be incomplete. I promise to support you in all that you do. I promise to love you unconditionally and cherish you through thick and thin, in sickness and in health, for all the days of my life."

Sniffles could be heard from the guests and Mia was crying to. Tahiti, being the best maid of honor, stepped in and patted her cheeks dry so she could do her vows.

Mia took a deep breath and smiled at him. "Bruno, you have made me feel more
loved than I ever thought possible.What can I say to you that I haven't already said? What can I provide you with that I haven't already given? My mind, my body, my soul and my heart. They're all yours. Everything that I have and everything that I am, belonged to you long before today. I promise that it shall all be yours forever. I will be yours forever. I will follow you anywhere you go and anywhere lead me to. Hand in hand. Heart in heart. I vow to be your biggest fan and partner in crime. I promise to support a family with you in a home filled with patience, love and understanding. I vow to grow old with you. I will love you faithfully and unconditionally through difficult and easy times. What may come, I promise to always be there with you. As I have given my life to you."

She reached up and wiped a single tear that rolled down Bruno's cheek and mouthed I love you. Then he mouthed it back.

The minister looked at Bruno "Do you Peter, take Mia to be your wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, honor, and cherish, 'til death do you part?"

Bruno smiled at Mia. "I Do!"

The minister looked at Mia. "Do you Mia, take Peter to be your wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, honor, and cherish, 'til death do you part?"

Mia grinned at Bruno with tears in her eyes. "I Do!"

The minister smiled at them. "Do you have the rings?"

Eric stepped forward. "Right here." He said. Mia and Bruno each took the others ring and held it. Eric returned to his place.

Then the minister began the blessing of the rings. "The wedding ring is the outward and visible sign of an inward and spiritual bond which unites two loyal hearts in endless love. It is a seal of the vows Peter and Mia have made to one another. May she and he, who give them, and who wear these rings, live together in unity, love and happiness for the rest of their
lives"

Bruno took the ring he held in his hand and placed it at the tip of Mia's finger and began reciting the words they'd practiced over and over. "Mia, I give you this ring as a symbol of our vows, and with all that I am, and all that I have, I honor you. With this ring, I thee wed." He slipped the ring down her finger.

Now it was Mia's turn. She placed his ring on the tip of his finger. "Bruno, I give you this ring as a symbol of our vows, and with all that I am,
and all that I have, I honor you. With this ring, I thee wed." She slipped the ring the rest of the way down his finger and they smiled at each other.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss your bride."

Bruno pulled Mia to him and kissed her. It was the perfect kiss. Not too much and not too little. There were some "awwwws" heard from the crowd as they kissed.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Hernandez!"

Everyone clapped and Bruno wiped tears from Mia's face. "I love you so much my beautiful wife!"

She grinned at him. "I love you too my handsome husband!"