Chapter 3

Date : July 29, 2009
Age : 12
POV : Brennan

I just got back from a week's vacation! I enjoyed it, but I missed my best friend, Annie. You see, we usually go on trips like these together, so this was the first time I went on one without her. I missed her tons.

As we arrived at my house I quickly got unpacked and ran downstairs.

"Can I go over to Annie's house?" I asked my mom.

"Sure. Can you walk there by yourself?" she replied

"Yeah" I said. "Thanks."

I ran as fast as I could down the block and made my way up Annie's steps. I knocked on the door.

knock knock knock

"Oh hey Brennan!" Ms. Katie said. (Annie's mom)

"Hey, Ms Katie. Where's Annie?" I asked

"I knew you came to see her." she chuckled. "Um, I think she is outside sitting on the dock."

"Thank you." I said in a rush. I maneuvered myself through the living room and I was about to go outside but Ms. Katie said, "Oh and Brennan?"

"Yes." I replied.

"Hurry, she's been miserable without you." she told me.

"Will do." I smiled.

I bursted through the door and screamed, "ANNIE!!!!"

I saw her small figure turn around and immediately get up. She started to run as I threw myself down the steps. I sprinted to her.

"BRENNAN!!" she screamed while running.

As we got closer she jumped on me and wrapped her legs around my body. I began to spin her around.

I set her down and continued to hug her. She wrapped her arms around my neck and rested her head on my shoulder.

After about a minute of embracing eachother, I chuckled and said "Why do we keep on hugging like that?"

She unwrapped her arms around my neck and said, "I don't really know. But I do know that I missed you tons."

"Hey same here." I smiled.

"There was literally nothing to do, nothing. I pretty much just sat here the whole week." She laughed.

"Well, I'm here now! What do ya say, we go to the park?" I asked.

"Yes, I would love that." She smiled.

We started to walk around Annie's house and down to the park. Once we got to the park, we saw a bench and sat down. We didn't say much we just looked around at the park. My eyes then went to Annie. Her hair was in her messy, yet perfect bun. She was wearing leggings and a light blue t-shirt. She was perfect.

And it was at that very moment that i realized that I was in love with Annie.