Chapter 48

Date : September 8, 2014
Age : 17
POV : Annie

"Ah! no let me down!" I laughed as I was hanging onto Brennan's back for dear life.

We were walking together to Brennan's first soccer game of his fall season. The soccer fields are only about two miles from Brennan's house, so I figured that we would just walk.

Brennan bumped me up and actually held onto my legs this time.

"Thank you." I said as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I rested my head on the top of his and continued to speak. "You will do great today, I'm sure of it."

"I don't know. We are playing our rivals from the spring season." Brennan continued to carry me.

"No, you will do amazing. You can beat them! You've done it before!" I tired to encourage him.

"But they have beat us before too" Brennan admitted.

"But they don't have Brennan Donnelley on their team. And the Brennan I know spent four months away at a soccer camp in South Carolina learning skills and tricks. So I'm pretty positive the Brennan I know can pull out a win today." I kissed the back of his head and readjusted my arms.

"I guess so." I could sense Brennan beginning to smile.

"And if no one else will believe that, it doesn't matter. Because I believe it. I believe that you will win today, but only if you believe it too." I told him.

"I believe it now." Brennan said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Really."

"Well good." I smiled as Brennan set me down on the ground.

We could both see the soccer fields by now, so we kept on walking towards them.

I moved closer to Brennan and he wrapped his arm around me. I intertwined our hands and smiled to myself.

"I uh-" Brennan spoke but then paused. he fumbled around with his fingers while trying to figure out the right words to say. "I uh, received a scholarship from the University of South Carolina today."

"Really?" I asked. "Thats amazing!!"

"Yeah." Brennan half-smiled.

"How big was it?" I asked.

"It was a full scholarship."

"Oh my god BRENNAN!" I screamed and jumped up and down. "You will get to go to college for free!!!!"

"I still haven't decided if I want to go yet. I still have till the end of April." Brennan said.

I smiled and said, "Brennan, that's amazing. I'm so proud of you."

"Yeah." Brennan looked down.

I stopped and put my body in front of his. I put my hand up to his cheek and said, "What's the matter?"

"It's just, what if I do end up going to South Carolina?" Brennan asked.

"what do you mean?"

"I mean, if I go to South Carolina, where would you go?" Brennan sighed.

"Wherever my heart leads me." I said as I put my hand through Brennan's hair. "And I will trust that my heart made the right decision."

"Why do you trust it so much?"

"Because my heart lead me to you. And that was the best thing that has ever happened, so I truly believe that my heart can lead me somewhere special again." I smiled.

"All right." Brennan smiled.

When we reached the soccer fields, i leaned up to Brennan ear and said "I believe in you."

Brennan smiled and i kissed him on the cheek.

"Go get em." i smiled.

"I love you." Brennan said as our hands disconnected.

"I love you too." i whispered.

I watched him as he walked over to his soccer team and started his warm ups. I sat next to his parents on the sidelines and all of us just watched Brennan.

)()()()()()()()()()()()()(

It was halftime at the game and Brennan's team was down 1-0.

I saw Brennan slowly walk over to me, so i hopped out of my chair and walked over to him as well.

"You are doing amazing!!" i smiled at him.

"Well the score surely doesn't say that." brennan put his hand through his hair.

"Don't pay attention to that stupid scoreboard. Go in the second half and play the exact same way as you did in the first half." i told him.

"Do you think we can win?" brennan asked.

"I know you can win." i said.