Chapter 55

Date : May 17, 2015
Age : 18
POV : Annie

Today is the day. The day of our lives.

Graduation.

We've spent most of our lives having every decision made for us. What school we attended, where we lived, what we ate, what we thought, what we felt. That was all up to someone else. And then all of a sudden, we are now supposed to make the biggest decision of our lives?

We have no experience.

But it's a little too late to go back to the drawing board.

So, now it's our turn. We have reached the first step into adulthood. Take your shots, it might be scary, hearts are going to break, but in the end, you will be the one making every decision.

And in this adult life we are about to step into, there will be challenges. Challenges will come and go, but that makes us who we are. They make us special.

First Challenge : Successfully graduating without falling off the stage.

Yep, this challenge is easy. But if you mess up, you will be remembered with embarrassment for the rest of your life.

And no one on Earth would ever want that.

So, my graduation day didn't consist of falling off the stage, but it definitely was one to remember :

I woke up that early Saturday morning to my annoying alarm.

Yeah, I'm not like one of those princesses who wakes up with the perfect hairdo and their makeup has just been magically put on by magical fairies.

I was a walking hell.

My hair was tied into a million bajillion knots that would take me forever to detangle, my bed sheets were all crumpled up in a ball, my face looked like crap, and let's just say any my attitude wasn't the best.

I hit the 'snooze' button on my alarm at least 8 times before finally deciding to get up. So, I flopped out of bed, and while I was walking to the bathroom, I heard my phone ring.

"Ugh." I mumbled as I turned around and walked back over to my phone sitting on my bedside table.

I saw a FaceTime call and the ID read "Brennan" so I immediately smiled. My mood turned from crappy to happy in about a second. (a/n - 0 to 100. real quick)

I may not be a princess, but Brennan was definitely my prince.

I fixed my hair a little bit, but I eventually swiped right. Brennan's face popped up and I smiled.

"Hey beautiful." I saw him smile.

"I'm not beautiful." I said.

"Yes you are." he argued.

I rolled my eyes at him and said, "So, what are you up to?"

"I'm just hanging out with Caleb before I have to leave." he said.

"Oh nice. Can I meet you in about 20 minutes?" I asked.

"Sure." he smiled. "See you in a bit."

"I love you." I smiled.

"I love you too." he smiled back.

I pressed the red button and ended the call.

I immediately ran into the bathroom and did my make up. After ten minutes, I was finally done and brushed my teeth. While I was brushing my teeth, I brushed my ugly hair. You know. The one with a 'million bajillion' knots.