Chapter 10

Date : July 10, 2010
Age : 13
POV : Annie

Brennan's gone. He's been gone for the past three days and won't come home for another month because of some stupid mission trip.

"Ugh." I groaned as I walked downstairs realizing that I had nothing to do today, seeing that Brennan is gone.

"Honey, why don't you go talk to that new kid who just moved next door? I think his name is Hayden." she said.

"Oh, okay," I said happily.

I walked back upstairs, changed into a white t-shirt, high waisted jean shorts, and sandals. I then out my hair in a messy bun and brushed my teeth.

"okay, I'm ready." I whispered to myself.

I walked downstairs and zoomed out the door. I walked over to the house that had moving vans in front of it.

I looked around. no one was in the yard. so I made my way up to their front door.

knock knock knock

the door opened. it was a boy who looked about my age. he had dark brown hair and dark chocolate eyes, like Brennan's. he was wearing shorts and a blue t-shirt.

"hey, can I help you?" he asked.

"umm, your Hayden right?" I asked.

"that's me." he smiled.

"well, I just stopped by to say hi." I smiled back.

"well hey." he said stepping outside.

"hi." I giggled.

)()()()()()()()()()()(

"What's you last name?" I asked.

"Sumerall." he said.

"oh okay." I said.

"selfie?" he asked.

"yeah!" I smiled. he held up the phone so where both of our faces were in the pic.

"Mind if I post it on Instagram?" he asked.

"go for your life." I laughed.

about a minute later, I heard a ding on my phone.

'@haydensumerall tagged you into a photo' I slid across my phone and pulled up the photo. the caption said, "hanging with a new friend!!" I then looked at his profile.

"Woah! you didn't tell me your famous!!" I said.

"You didn't mention it either." he laughed holding a picture of my profile up to my face.

"okay okay." I laughed.

"wanna go to the backyard and swim?" he asked, flashing a perfect smile.

"yes!!" I said. "race you." I said.

I picked my self up and practically threw myself over to his backyard. I then felt a tug on my arm pull me back. it was Hayden. he then picked me up like Brennan used to and ran over to the lake. I tightened my grip around his neck and readjusted my legs around his waist.

"hold on." was the last thing I heard before I felt water surround my body.

i let go of Hayden and went up for air. I started to laugh right as he came up.

"that was so much fun!!" I laughed.

"yeah," he smiled. "wanna do it again?"