Chapter 14

Date : December 29, 2011
Age : 14
POV : Annie

"Wait, what!?" I said to my mom.

"Brennan is in the hospital!!!" she screamed.

I ran, grabbed my phone, and darted out the door to the car.

my mom got in right after and immediately out the engine in gear.

"Step on it!!" I screamed at her.

"okay." she sighed as she put her foot down even more.

I then stared out the window. No, not Brennan. I thought. I can't lose him. I, i, lo-, I love him. more than "as a friend."

I put my hand through my hair and stared at the road ahead. I started to cry. I cried until I had no more tears to shed.

my mom put her hand on my thigh and said, "I'm sure he's fine."

"But what if he isn't?" I worried.

"he is." she reassured me.

I sighed.

)()()()()()()()()()()()(

as we arrived at the hospital I ran out of the car and into the hospital.

"what room number is Brennan ______ in?" I asked the lady.

"204" she smiled.

I darted down the hallway until I reached the 200s.

"Blah, blah, oh here. 204." I barged in the room.

there sat Miss Jill, Katie, Ryan, And Mr. Mike.

"oh Annie." miss Jill started to cry. "he loved you." she stood up and hugged me.

"Wait, he di-"

"Yes, he loved you. it was obvious. he talked about you all the time. you were his everything." Katie spoke up.

"wait hold up." I paused. "why are we using words like 'were' and 'did'?" I said.

miss Jill gulped.

"no." I said. " no no no no no." I said to myself.

I paused and walked over to Brennan.

"Can I please have a minute alone, please?" I asked politely.

"of course." said miss Jill as she motioned for her family to follower out the door.

once I was sure they were gone, I began to talk.

"I would be crying right now, but I literally have no tears left. I used them all when I was with you." I chuckled. "so, I guess this is the end." I sniffled. "Brennan, you were my everything. I wake up everyday thinking about you. it's amazing. you can't seem to get out of my mind. it's like your always there." I smiled. "now, you gave me the best memories. from going on trips together to playing soccer together, man, it was fun. you were the light of my world and I know that you are having a blast seeing Caleb and David right now. I hope I find someone with at least half the heart you had. Man, Brennan, I loved you. Every time I said 'I love you' to you, I meant it. you were my biggest crush and my best friend at the same time. Every time we stared into each other's eyes, I wanted you to lean in, but I guess I should of been the one doing that." i winked. " you and I were crazy together. and whether you like it or not, I had already planned our marriage, our honey moon, and where we were going to live. our kids names would be Katherine, Savannah, and Caleb! of course, ya know. even if you absolutely hated those names, they were going to be our kids!!" I laughed. I then took my hand and put it in Brennan's. "it was going to be a fairytale." I whispered. "I love you, and I always will." I said as I started to head out the door.

)()()()()()()()()()()()(

I was at home, the same night, mourning with my parents over the whole situation. I felt hopeless until I got a call.

"it's miss Jill." I said.

"Hello?"

"wait, seriously?" I said with slightest bit of hope.

"oh my goodness!!! be over there in a few!!" I screamed.

I put the phone down.

"Brennan, he's breathing!!" I jumped up and down.

my parents, Hayley, and I ran to the the car and headed for the hospital the second time today.

)()()()()()()()()()()()(

"200, 202, and 204." I said.

I saw Katie sitting outside the door.

"he's waiting for you." she whispered.

I smiled and opened the door.

there he was, standing, like nothing had ever happened.

"BRENNAN!!" I screamed and jumped on him. I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

he spun me around and squeezed me tight.

"Annie." he whispered.

he set me down and cupped my cheeks.

I stared into his beautiful, dark chocolate eyes and sighed.

"I thought I would never see you again." I paused. "you had me worried." I smiled.

i was shaking around, but Brennan just stood there, like a rock. his hands were still around my cheeks and his eyes were still staring at mine.

"Annie." he broke the silence. "I love you too." he said.

I gasped.

and then brennan did something I always hoped that he would.

he leaned down and closed the gap between our lips.

sparks flew everywhere.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and we both smiled between kisses.

After what seemed like eternity, I finally pulled away.

"I love you. so much." he whispered.

"I love you more." I smiled.

" I love you most." he smiled back at me.

he then intertwined our hands and pecked me on the lips.

so cute... we all need a Brennan in our life