Chapter 80

Date : January 7, 2016
Age : 19
POV : Annie

"Oh, don't forget your thumbprint necklace," Brennan told me as I was tidying up my last things for college. Being the amazing boyfriend he is, he has been over at my house all day helping me pack. It was a good way to spend more time together.

Once I put on my necklace, I said, "Okay, Bren. I think it's about done."

"Yeah," he agreed with me. He picked up two of my three suitcases and headed for the door. I grabbed my carry on and the other suitcase and followed him.

We took them all the way downstairs and dropped them by the doorway. I ran a hand through my messy hair and sighed.

We were the only kids in the house. Hayley left for school this morning, my mom was in North Carolina visiting family, and my dad was at work, so I had already said my goodbyes to all of them.

Brennan looked down at me and wrapped one arm around my shoulder. He leaned down and his lips brushed my ear. "How about one last Friends episode before we go to pick up Sydney and Hayden? Hmmm?" He whispered.

I looked down at the ground and smiled. I nodded my head up and down as I felt a rosy red color rising to my cheeks.

Brennan then quickly walked me over to the couch and fell onto it. I cuddled up right next to him, wrapping my arms around his body, nuzzling my head into his chest, and scrunching my body up into a ball. He wrapped his right arm around me and played with my hair using his left.

He turned on the TV and went to Netflix. He ended up choosing "The One Where Joey Learns French" aka our favorite episode of all time.

Through the next thirty minutes, we laughed, we snuggled, we cried because we were laughing so much, we kissed, and then we laughed some more.

)()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()(

When the episode was over, Brennan grabbed the remote and turned off the TV. I fake-whined and rolled my body on top of Brennan's.

"I don't want to leave." I told him.

"I don't want you to leave either, but we need to get up," he laughed.

I lifted my head up and looked him in the eyes. "Do we have to?"

Brennan nodded his head and then smirked. I then felt him grip his arms around my body and sit up. He picked himself up off the couch and took me with him. He placed my feet on the ground and I whispered, "Cheater."

"Whatever," he let out a small laugh. "We have to go." he said as he grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him. He took me to the front door and we both carried my belongings out to Brennan's truck.

When we locked up my bags in the trunk, we both hopped into the car and drove off to Sydney's house.

I immediately turned on the radio and "No Good in Goodbye" by The Script.

"How ironic," I bluntly said as I leaned back into my seat.

"Oh, but as you walk away, you don't hear me say, 'Where's the good in goodbye?'" Brennan sang.

I didn't bother to join. I rested my head against the glass window and looked out onto the road. I felt Brennan's hand intertwine with mine, but that didn't move my eyes.