Chapter 78

Date : December 28, 2015
Age : 19
POV : Brennan

*the next morning*

I woke up from my bed to the sound of Ryan running around downstairs. I stretched out my body and yawned.

I rolled my body over to the side of the bed and checked the time.

10:24 a.m.

I ran a hand through my hair and sat up in my bed, my back resting against the headboard. Thoughts flooded into my mind and I gave myself a whole recap of what happened yesterday.

I laid my head in my palms and whispered to myself, "Annie." I shook my head and prepared to punch myself in the gut for being so stupid and yelling at her like I did.

My head shot up and I glued my eyes to my phone.

"I need to call her." I told myself.

I reached over my body and grabbed my phone. I entered the password and opened the contacts app. I went over to my "Favorites" and pressed on "Annie Leblanc💜"

Ringg Ringggg Rinn-

"Hello?" I heard.

"Annie," I stated.

"Brennan," I heard back.

"Can you please come over?" I asked her.

"Of course." I heard her say.

"Thank you." I smiled to myself.

"See you in a bit," she said as she hung up.

I placed my phone back down on my desk and walked out of my bed. I went over to my dresser and pulled out a pastel maroon long-sleeve t-shirt and some jeans.

I quickly undressed and slipped on my outfit for the day. I then grabbed my soccer adidas jacket off my chair and put it on over my shirt.

I then walked over to my beside table and grabbed my phone. I walked out of my room and closed the door behind me. I walked into my bathroom and brushed through my hair. I grabbed my toothbrush, brushed my teeth, and slipped on some tennis shoes I saw.

I checked myself in the mirror one last time and felt satisfied.

I walked out of the room and walked down the stairs. When I reached the bottom, I saw no one around.

"Brennan!" I heard from my left. I turned my head and saw my mother. "I'm taking Ryan to daycare. Katie is upstairs!"

"Okay, bye mom. Love you." I told her.

"Love you too." she smiled at me as she left.

When she closed the door leading to the garage, I walked over to the front door and rested my back on it. I tried to study my eyes on the ground, but I couldn't focus. My mind was filled with thoughts of Annie, and I still couldn't believe that I treated her like I did.

I mean, yeah, we lost the championship and I put the loss on my shoulders. But Annie tried to make things better, and I pushed her away. She fought back, so I then yelled at her to try and get her to stop. Which, pretty much, worked out. But not in the way I wanted it to.

After all, she's my best friend. I would do anything to get her ba-

Ding Dong

I gasped and turned around.

That has to be Annie.