Chapter 51

Date : February 1, 2015
Age : 18
POV : Annie

It was a Saturday morning and Brennan, Sydney, Hayden, and I were headed to the Maryland State Fair.

Brennan was driving and Hayden was in the passenger's seat next to him while Sydney and I were talking in the back.

"Did you see that Hayley got boyfriend?" I asked Sydney.

"Really?" she asked. "Who?"

"His name is Parker." I told her.

"Oh yeah!" Brennan spoke up. "Our ten-year-old Hayley is growing up" he laughed.

"I know right!! it's crazy." Sydney said.

"She's not a little girl anymore." I whispered.

The rest of the car ride to the fair was silent. But once we parked in the parking lot, we all got out and registered to get tickets.

Once we got our wristbands, the first ride that Brennan wanted to go on was the slingshot.

"Annie, let's go on the slingshot!!" he said.

"Uh, I'm good." I told him.

"Pleaseeee." he begged.

"I'm good." I repeated.

Brennan then wrapped his arms around my waist and looked me in the eye.

"Please, for me." he pleaded.

I just stared into his eyes and he smiled.

"Stop it stop it." I grabbed his arms. "I'm not falling for it." I laughed.

I got away from his grip, but Brennan just pulled me back in, just closer this time. His dark chocolate eyes stared at me and he said, "Pleasseee," once more.

I looked down at my feet and whispered, "fine."

"Yes!!!" he smiled.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me over to the slingshot ride.

Seeing that there was no line, we immediately had to get on. We both sat down in our seats and the instructors buckled us up and closed our doors.

"Why did I agree to do this?" I looked over at Brennan.

He just smiled and said, "I have no idea."

I sighed and grabbed his hand. He intertwined our fingers and reached over with his other hand and ruffled up my hair.

"Hey!!" I said.

Brennan just smiled and laughed at m-

BAM! We shot up into the sky like a rocket.

"Oh my god!" I screamed.

"Wooo hoo!!!" I heard Brennan scream.

I squeezed his hand and closed my eyes. My hair flew all over the place.

Every 15 seconds, our cart would fly up into the air again and it freaked me out. This ride was freaking crazy. I have no idea why Brennan was enjoying this so much.

But once the ride did start to slow down, I looked over at Brennan. He has a big smile plastered across his face,,which caused me to smile.