Chapter 92

Date : March 20, 2016
Age : 19
POV : Annie

I flipped my body over and looked at the clock.

6:00 pm.

Brennan was picking me up in five minutes.

I walked over to my full-length mirror and fiddled around with my blue polo shirt. My white jean shorts complimented the color perfectly. I put on a pair of birkenstocks and walked out the door.

I carefully walked down the stairs to see Sydney on the couch.

"Do I look okay?" I asked her.

She flinched and looks up at me. She sat up a little and looked at my body up and down.

"You look great," she said and nodded her head.

"What are you guys even doing today?" she asked me.

"I have no idea. Apparently it's a surprise, but it's nothing fancy."

"Nervous?"

"You bet. It's like our first date in over three months. And like our first time to have alone time." I said as I rocked back and forth on my feet.

"It will be fun," Sydney told me as she pushed herself up from the couch and walked over to me.

She fiddled around with my hair and tamed the fly aways.

"There," she mumbled. "Oh, and by the way, I'm getting a picture of you two. You need something for instagram."

I giggled and shook my head. "You are literally like my personal manager and assistant as well as being my best friend. Don't you get tired some days?"

"Well when I choose to do stuff for crazy people like you two, it's never boring. You two are literally so over dramatic sometimes and it's the best!" she laughed.

"Over dramatic? What's that supposed to mean?" I smiled.

"Like, you two are never predictable. And when I think I finally figure you two out, I find out that there's this whole other side of you that I've never known about."

"So that's good, right?"

Ding Dong

I looked towards the door and Sydney nodded.

"Of course. It's never a bad thing."

I gave her a smile as I walked towards the door and opened it.

Brennan walked through the opening wearing kahki shorts and a white tshirt.

"Aww, you guys are matching!" Sydney laughed.

I looked at Brennan up and down and said, "I guess so."

Brennan smiled at me and gave me a small side-hug. He kissed the top of my forehead and Sydney took our picture a few minutes after.

"Awww, we are so cute." I said and smiled as Sydney handed my phone back to me.

"I have to agree." Brennan whispered, leaning over my shoulder.

I looked up at Sydney and she immediately started to shoo us away. "Go! Get outta here! Go have some fun!"

I giggled as she pushed us out the opening. When she closed me door behind us, I looked at Brennan and he looked back at me.

"What are our plans for today?" I asked.

"Meeting the Queen of England." he said and smirked.

"Oh yeah, pfft. What are we actually doing?"