Chapter 7

Date : December 8, 2009
Age : 13
POV : Annie

it was 8:07 am when I received a text from Brennan.

b - I have a surprise for you!!!
a - what is it??
b - so you know how our family YouTube channels have been doing a lot of stuff with Disney recently...??
a - yah, of course
b - well I know I'm only 13 and all that but I called in with Disney headquarters and booked us...
a - what?! what did you book us??
b - A DISNEY CRUISE!!!!
a - oh mY GOSH Brennan!!!!!
b - thank of it as a late birthday present :)
a - I'm coming over right now.

I sprinted downstairs and looked in the mirror. I looked the same as I always did so I grabbed my purse off of the counter and ran down the block until I reached Brennan's house. I ran up his steps and knocked on the door.

knock knock knock

it opened. it was Mrs. Jill.

"oh hey Annie!!" I heard her say but I sprinted past her and up to Brennan. when we came close to him I jumped on him and wrapped my legs around his waist. he spinned me around as always and hugged me tight.

"I can't believe you did that for me!!" I said as he put me down.

"Anything for my best friend." he said.

)()()()()()()()()()(

*Annie and Brennan & their families are about to board*

"I can't believe it!!" I whispered really loudly.

"I can't believe it either." I heard Hayley behind me.

"we are going to have so much fun hay hay!"

"Annie, come here." she whispered.

I bent down.

She cupped her hands around my ear and whispered, "Annie, why don't you and Brennan date?"

I laughed, grabbed both of her hands, and looked her in the eyes. "Hay, Brennan and I are best friends, I wouldn't want to ruin that. plus, I don't know if he feels that way about me." I whispered.

I stood back up and sighed. I leaned over to Katie and said, "Geez, if this line could go any faster, I would loveeee that."

she giggled. "tell me about it."

)()()()()()()()()()(

after I was done unpacking, I went outside on our balcony and looked outside. The ocean was absolutely beautiful.

"I wish Caleb was here." I whispered as a tear rolled down my cheek.

I began to start and think about Caleb. if only he was here. letting go of Caleb was hands down the hardest thing to let go of, but sometimes, you just have to let go.

"Knock knock." I heard Brennan say behind me.

"oh hey." I said wiping away one of my tears, but refusing to face Brennan.

"wow, it's beautiful." he whispered, looking out at the ocean.

"yeah." I sniffled, looking down.

I could feel Brennan looking at me.

"aww Annie." he said with his arms out wide.

I ran towards him and wrapped my arms around his neck. after about fifteen seconds, I deciding to say something.

"tell me something I can't let go of." I whispered, still resting my head on Brennan's shoulder.

"well, if there is ever a tomorrow that we aren't together, there is one thing you should always remember : you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. and if indeed one day we aren't together anymore, put me in your heart, and I'll stay there forever." he whispered to me.

"I love you." I said as I looked him in the eyes.

"I love me too." he smiled.

I started to laugh.

I think I'm actually in love with Brennan.

aww he knew that Annie needed a hug and that it was about Caleb. <3