Chapter 12

Date : Spetember 30, 2010
Age : 13
POV : Brennan

"You ready?" said my mom.

"More than I'll ever be." I replied as I grabbed two balloons and struggled to get them out of the door and in the trunk of my moms car.

"there." I whispered to myself as I closed the trunk.

I opened the passengers seat of the car and got in.

We headed on down the road to Annie's house as my mom said, "do you think she'll like it?"

"of course, but I expect a lot of tears from her." I said nervously. "After all, tomorrow is the day."

"I know, but she'll love it anyway." my mom reassured me as she turned left.

"I hope so."

"I know so."

)()()()()()()()()()(

I hobbled up the steps to Annie's house and ran up to the door.

knock knock knock

the door opened.

"Hey Hayley." I bent down.

"Hey Brennan." she paused and thought for a second. "just so you know Annie's upstairs." she giggled.

"how did you know I was coming for her?" I asked.

"Brennan, I'm four years old. I think I've caught on to the fact that you only come to see Annie." she winked.

I chuckled, stood up and entered the house. I turned right and headed on up the stairs.

I walked over to Annie's room and opened the door slightly.

"knock knock." I said as I opened the door some more.

Annie looked up and smiled. "hey Brennan."

"hey Annie." I smiled back as I walked over to her.

she stood up and asked, "no offense, but why are you here?" she giggled.

"come." I motioned for her to follow me. I directed her down the stairs, out the door, and into the car.

"Brennan where are we going?" she asked as she buckled her seatbelt.

"You'll see." I smiled as I looked back at her.

)()()()()()()()()()()()(

my mom ended up driving us to an open field. I got out and helped Annie out.

"thank you." said Annie. "so what are we doing?" she asked for like the third time.

"you really wouldn't think that I forgot about tomorrow, right?" I smiled.

she covered her mouth. "never in a million years." she whispered.

I walked over to the trunk of the car and opened it. I got out two balloons and said two words, "balloon release."

"oh my." I could hear her whisper. she ran her hand through her hair and walked over to me. she started to sniffle a little bit.

I wrapped my arm around her as I held the two balloons. we started to walk out towards the middle of the green space.

once I felt like we were close enough I stopped us.

"here's where we stop." I said as I ran my hand through her hair and stared into her eyes. I decided to break the silence so I whispered, "there are no words to describe how absolutely amazing Caleb was, but he gave us so many good memories. these past few months I've been try into get Caleb out of my mind, but it won't work. but I think if a memory won't stay out of my heart, it's supposed to be there, permanently."

Annie just kept on staring into my eyes. she then ran her hands through my hair. she stood on her tippy toes and kissed me on the cheek.

"thank you." she whispered as a tear slipped from her eye.

I cupped my hands around her cheeks and wiped her tears away. "you ready?" I whispered.

"yes." she unwillingly replied.

I took my arm off of her and held my balloon up high. I counted to three and released it.

I looked up to the sky and followed the balloon with my eyes for as long as I could. after a good minute I looked back down to Annie.

she looked up at me and I could tell tears were about to burst out of her eyes.

"Come here." I whispered.

she threw her arms around my neck and cried her eyes out. she lifted her legs up and I spun her around. I put her back down and she jumped right into saying, "I love you Brennan, and I mean it. don't you ever forget it." she cried some more.

"Annie, you will always be in my heart, no matter what." I reassured her.

she then looked into my eyes and we stood like that for what seems like eternity.

I wanted to kiss her, but I couldn't at a time like this.

^^^lol so cheesy Brennan I love it