Chapter 61

Date : August 24, 2015
Age : 18
POV : Annie

I haven't seen Annie in three weeks and it's absolutely killing me. It's been almost two years since I've been away from her for this long.

But this is how it's supposed to be for the next four years. Annie and I might see each other maybe four times throughout the school year, if we are lucky.

But how am I supposed to survive?

I mean, of course, survive without the love of my life.

Ring Ring Ring

I snapped out of my deep thoughts and then looked to my right. I took my arms off the bed and picked up my phone.

"Call from : Annie Leblanc💜"

I smiled and swiped right across the screen. I put my phone up to my ear and started to talk.

"Heee-ee-eeey." I squeaked. "Whoops." I paused. "Voice crack."

I felt Annie smile through the phone as I chuckled.

"Hi Brennan." I heard.

"I was, uh, just thinking about you." I told her.

"Um, same here." she said.

"So, is everything alright over in California?" I asked her to change the subject.

"Oh yeah everything is great. We are two weeks into the school year and it's going by pretty well." she said. "Well, except for the fact that you aren't here."

I sighed and whispered into the phone. "I miss you. A lot."

I heard her take a shaky breath in so I said, "And I love you. A lot."

"Yeah yeah same here." she said.

It was an awkward silence for about five seconds, so I spoke up. "Annie, are you sure that everything is alright?" I asked because I was very concerned.

"Uh yeah." she said. "Of course."

"Oh okay. It's just, usually you are talking to me and there are no awkward silences." I chuckled.

"Oh wait that reminds me Brennan!!!" she sounded excited.

"Yes?!" I asked.

"You soccer team is playing Stanford in two weeks!!!! AND IM COMING!" she squealed.

"Oh my god!! Are you serious??" I asked.

"Yes yes yes yes!!!" she said.

"I'm so excited now!!!" I smiled nonstop.

"I cannot wait to see you Brennan." she said.

"I know, same here." I smiled again.

I looked back at my dorm room and walked over to my desk. I picked up a picture frame that held and old picture of me and Annie in it. In the picture, we were about 15 years old and we were getting ready for freshman homecoming.

I touched Annie's nose with my thumb and smiled to myself.

"Will Sydney and Hayden come?" I asked.

"Yep."

"Yay!" I squealed.

"boy you sound like a fifteen year old girl." I said.

"Well that's funny because I'm actually looking at a picture of a fifteen-year-old girl right now." I said.

"Who?"

"You." I said. "So should I start to sound like how you did?" I smiled.

"Uh I'm good." she said. "I'd rather not."

"Too bad." I smirked as I prepped my voice. "Oh my god that is totally awesome." I said, sounding like a Kardashian. "Wait! oh my god don't get your Starbucks frappe on my designer!!!" I said.

"Bruh that does not sound that me at alllll." she said.

I laughed out loud and said, "Yeah, it really doesn't. but you can't say that I didn't do a great job of imitating one."

"yeah you were actually pretty spot on." I heard her admit.

"good."

"Well, anyways. Maddie and Ethan are coming too. So you will be to meet them." she said.

"Oh okay that will be fun." I smiled.

I then heard some rustling around and the sound of a door opening and closing.

"Uh Bren, I have to go." I heard her say.

"Okay Annie. I love you and I miss you."

"I love you more and I miss you more." she whispered.

"Doubt it." I smiled to myself as I hung up.

I tossed my body onto my bed and then whispered. "I can't wait to see you Ans."

I then looked at my empty ceiling and started to daydream about Annie.

a/n - idk what to say again HAHHAHA