Chapter 65

Date : September 13, 2015
Age : 18
POV : Annie

Today was our last day in South Carolina. We had come down for a weekend trip, but this weekend is slowly coming to a close.

And I don't like that.

I woke up bright and early, but everyone else was already awake. Brennan was in here, as well.

I stretched out my arms and smiled at everyone. "Good morning," I said.

"Good morning Annie." Brennan came over and sat on the edge of my bed. He leaned down and kissed my cheek.

I smiled and got up out of bed. I fixed my clothes on my body because they were messed up. (I'm a messy sleeper)

I grabbed some clothes out of my backpack, some makeup tools, my hairbrush, and my toothbrush.

I successfully put on makeup without messing up my mascara. I brushed my teeth, brushed my hair, and then changed into my clothes. I wearing a white, fancyish tank top with jean shorts. I fiddled around with everything until I was content before I walked out of the bathroom.

I walked over to the table which had food on it.

"Ooh, food. Thanks for getting breakfast guys." I said to everyone.

"You're welcome." Sydney looked down.

I sat down and everyone else sat down with me.

I saw Sydney, then Maddie, the Ethan, the Brennan, and then I looked at myself.

"Five," I whispered.

I then perked my head up and said, "Where's Hayden?"

"Well," Sydney sighed.

"What?" I asked while looking around at everyone with a scared face.

Brennan took my hand and I squeezed it.

"He got into an accident," Sydney said.

"What?! when?" I asked.

I looked at Brennan with that same scared face I had on before.

"This morning. Apparently, he was going to go and get us donuts for breakfast. but, on the way, his car crashed into someone else's." Brennan whispered.

"Why aren't we at the hospital?" I asked.

"We are waiting to hear back from the doctor that he went to."

"Will he be alright?"

"That," Sydney paused. "That is what we don't know."

I stared into her eyes and I saw the fear in them. A tear rolled down my cheek, but I quickly wiped it away.

"I'll be right back," I said quietly.

I unraveled my hand from Brennan's and stared at his eyes. He wiped another tear from my face as I got up. I grabbed my purse off of my bed and went outside to the balcony. I shut the door to make sure that I had peace.

I went over to the edge and placed my forearms on it. I looked down and let all of my tears fall. I watched them all the way until they touched the grounds of South Carolina.

Meanwhile, I heard a murmur from the four still inside of the room. I could still make out a few words that they were saying.

I could hear Sydney crying and Ethan and Maddie comforting her.

"I didn't want to cry in front of Annie." I heard Sydney say.

Those few words made me slightly smile, but my smile quickly wiped away as I continued to listen.