Chapter 66

Date: October 1, 2015
Age : 18
POV : Annie

I woke up this morning with an awful feeling in my stomach. I flipped over onto the edge of my bed and grabbed my phone. "October 1st, 2015"

It's been 6 years.

I sighed and got up out of my bed. I didn't have classes today since it was a Saturday. I grabbed my clothes and changed in the bathroom. I did my makeup, combed my hair, put my hair into two braids, and then I brushed my teeth.

I walked back out of the bathroom and immediately called Hayley.

One ring, no answer.

Two rings, Hayley finally picks up.

"Hi, Hayley." I smiled to myself.

"Hi, Ans." I heard her voice.

"How are you?" I asked her.

"I'm okay. I'm playing with Piper in Caleb's room," she said.

"Oh okay. How is school?"

"It's good. Middle school is kinda hard, but I like my teachers," she said.

"That's good!" I smiled. "What is your favorite subject?"

"Lunch." she replied without hesitation.

I laughed and fumbled around with my hands.

"How is college?" she asked me.

"It's good. I am glad that it is the weekend though." I said.

"Me too. It's been a long week."

I nodded my head and said, "Tell me about it."

"Yeah." her voice faded out. "What are-" her voice cracked. "Sorry, puberty."

I laughed and fell back on my bed. "You're too funny Hayley."

"Pfft. Tell me something I don't know. Anyways, how is Brennan?" she asked.

"Well, he's good. He has been practicing on the soccer fields for a couple of months now, and I can already tell that he is improving." I said.

"Cool. How are Hayden and Sydney?"

"Well, Sydney is sleeping right now." I chuckled. "But she is working on gymnastics right now and has gym practice tonight. And Hayden can't do anything. He has a full arm cast, a hand cast, a boot on his left foot, and he now has a metal rib so."

"Oh dang it Hayden what did you do now..." She sighed.

"Car wreck," I answered.

"Oh wow." she said.

"Yeah."

She paused, but then said, "I gotta go Ans. I love you. Don't forget to celebrate life!" she said.

"Don't worry, I will never forget. And I love you more." I said as I hung up.

I smiled to myself and texted Hayden.

"Annie - You awake? Sydney is sleeping right now and I kind of want to keep my mind off of things for a few"

Within minutes Hayden texted back, "Hayden - Yeah. I'll meet you outside at the bench near the front"

"Annie - Okay thanks."

I grabbed my purse off of my bed and left our room. I shut the door behind me and walked down the hall. Once the hall came to a stop, I took a right and exited the building. I looked around for a bench, but then stopped once I saw Hayden and Ethan already sitting there.