Chapter 77

Date : December 27, 2015
Age : 19
POV : Annie

"You ready?" I asked Brennan.

"I think so," he said as he continued to tie the shoelace on his soccer cleat.

This whole year, Brennan has been training for the college finals of soccer. In this tournament, Brennan's team, USC, has made it to the very end. Today, we have to travel to Pennsylvania, where he will meet the rest of his team, and they will play against the other team for first place.

"I think it's time to go." Hayden told us as he spun his keys around on his finger.

I looked at Hayden and nodded. I turned my head back to Brennan and whispered, "Let's go."

All four of us exited out of Brennan's house, and Brennan locked the door behind him. We all hopped into Hayden's truck. Sydney was in the passengers seat, next to Hayden, leaving Brennan and I in the back.

"I'm tired," I said as I yawned on cue.

I pulled out my phone and checked the time.

5:34 a.m.

"Come here," Brennan whispered loud enough for only me to hear.

I moved into the middle seat and Brennan had his right arm out. I smiled and rested my head on his chest. He wrapped his right arm around my body and started to fiddle with my hair.

I was out like a light within seconds.

)()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()(

I heard a small whisper. "Annie, wake uuup."

"Hmm?" I mumbled as I slowly lifted my head.

I felt a hand run through my hair, so I turned to my left to see Brennan.

"We're here," he quietly whispered.

"Already?" I asked.

Brennan chuckled and said, "You slept through that whole car trip."

"Dang." I looked at my phone and the time flashed, '8:07 a.m.'

Next thing I knew, Brennan got out of the car, which caused me to get out too. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and my braids still looked on point.

I then went around to the back and opened Hayden's trunk. I grabbed out a sweatshirt and immediately put it on.

"Hey, that's my sweatshirt." Brennan said.

I looked at myself, and then back at Brennan and said, "I know. It looks better on me anyways."

I watched as Brennan looked down at the ground and smiled, which caused me to smile too.

Brennan then looked up at me and I said, "Don't you have a game to attend to?"

"Not for another," Brennan paused and looked at his phone. "2 minutes or so."

"We should start to head over there then," Hayden said.

"Yeah, dude. Let's go," Sydney told him.

The four of us then slowly made our ways out of the parking lot, across the roads, and onto the soccer field, and thousands, and I mean thousands, of fans were already in the stands.