Chapter 29

Date : March 8, 2013
Age : 16
POV : Brennan

I was just about done packing for South Carolina when I received a call from Sydney.

"Hello?" I said to her.

"Hey Brennan. Before you leave, me, Hayden, and especially Annie want to say goodbye. We are at Annie's house by the way."

I smiled. "I was already planning on stopping by."

"Good." she said.

I then heard a beeping on the other end, signaling that Sydney hung up. I threw my phone on my bed and packed my last thing into my luggages.

I sighed to myself as I carried everything out into the kitchen.

"Could you guys help me?" I asked Mom, Dad, Katie, and Ryan.

"Yeah, of course." Mom said as they all got up.

Each of them grabbed a suitcase and piled them into my car. "Thank you." I said to them.

I sighed and looked around, not wanting to leave Maryland.

"Goodbye Brennan." I heard Katie say.

"Bye Kate" I told her as I enveloped her in a hug.

After she pulled away I went over to Ryan.

"Bye Ry Guy." I said as I side-hugged him.

I then went over to Dad. "Bye dad." I smiled.

"Go play some good soccer for us. will ya?" he said.

"Will do." I said as I went over to mom.

I wrapped my arms around her and rocked in a back-and-forth motion.

"Bye Brennan." she squeaked. I could tell that she was about to cry.

"Goodbye Mom." I said as I gave her one last squeeze.

I pulled away and got into the drivers seat of my car. I put the car in gear as I gave one last wave to my family. I put my foot on the pedal and headed over to Annie's house.

On the drive, I took a real good notice of the things around me. I passed Chick-Fil-A, where I would always go with Annie. I passed Sydney's house, where I used to go with Annie all the time when we were younger. I passed Caleb's bench, knowing Annie spends a lot of time there. I then passed my school, the one I would always walk to with Annie. I passed my schools gym, remembering the time Annie made a buzzer beater and won the game for her team.

I kept on passing important places to me, until I reached the most important of all. Annie's house.

I got out my car and kind of ran up her steps.

Knock Knock Knock

I heard footsteps as Mrs. Katie opened the door.

"Hey Brennan." she smiled. "Shouldn't you be on your way to South Carolina?" she asked.

"Yes, I should. But I wanted to say one last goodbye to everyone." I had already said goodbye to everyone last night, but this time is for real.

"Come on in then." she said.

I walked into Annie's house and I walked over to everyone.

I first walked over to Hayden. we did a little bro hug and I said "Bye Hayden."

"Bye Brennan." he smiled.

Next was Hayley. I bent down and she ran to me. She wrapped her arms around my neck as I lifted her up off the ground.